What hard wood floor is best for a kitchen

+8
  • Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Dec 16, 2017
    One that is waterproof. After that, pick watered ever fits your style.

• Mitzie Pikert Mitzie Pikert on Dec 16, 2017
    We own an appliance store our opinion about this is there are none that we would put in a kitchen leaks happen it just ruins it .

• Toni Gibson Toni Gibson on Dec 16, 2017
    We have had ash ( beautiful color) for about eleven years and the only issue is where my husband drags his chair instead of lifting it to pull it in!

• We have oak flooring in our kitchen and in most of the houses I have lived in, we had wood floors in the kitchen. At my mom's house we have still have the original wood flooring in the kitchen and the house was built in 1926. Kids, pets, messy guests - held up better than other flooring I have had. Yes it can get dinged and scratched, that is history and character. If you want pristine looking floors, don't get wood.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 17, 2017
    I dislike hardwoods or laminates for the kitchen due to water. I would use the ceramic tiles that look like wood. They are great!

• Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Dec 17, 2017
    Look at Luxury Vinyl Planks - they are affordable, easy to install, water resistant, durable.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 17, 2017
    I would suggest going to a store that specializes in flooring and ask about engineered flooring. We had ours put in last year and the "selling point" for us was that it wouldn't be damaged by water. I wish I had paid more attention to the brand so that I could share it but I didn't. My hubby and I picked out ones we liked than talked to the manager. He was the one that pointed out which one would stand up to water. But I'm sure if you go to a store that specializes in flooring, some one there can help you find a solution. Ours also has a cork backing which helps with structure movement during changing weather. Wishing yo the best.

• Laurie Laurie on Dec 18, 2017
    I would not do wood. Use Coretec. It doesn’t scratch, even with our large dogs! We’ve had several wood floors in 17 years (3 to be exact) and tore them all out because of the scratches. We finally went to Coretec after seeing it in our daighter’s home and we couldn’t be happier! Looks just like wood but better.

• Lyn Scott-Mayer Lyn Scott-Mayer on Dec 21, 2017
      Why would you remove the wooden floor and not refinish it? I had my 95 year old oak floors refinished and they turned out beautifully! Like brand new. It was so much cheaper than replacing with new wood. I have had hard wood floors for over 30 years without ever having water damage of any kind. The key is a good sealant.