Can you put a washer and dryer on a cement floor?

+11

I bought a new washer and dryer can it be in the cellar on the floor or how can I protect them

• William William on May 16, 2021

No reason why not. they have feet in the back and adjustable feet in the front. Just make sure it's level front to back and side to side. You may consider putting rubber furniture pads under the feet to prevent them from moving and any vibration noise.

https://www.amazon.com/Rubber-Furniture-Feet/s?k=Rubber+Furniture+Feet

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on May 16, 2021

Yes, you can, I would have them on a stand or pedastal of some kind for better air circulation. If that area is damp, consider a dehumidifier. Make sure the appliances are level, that can effect the spin cycle.

• Libbie B Libbie B on May 16, 2021

Yes, we haven't had a problem. Although we ended up building a stand to raise ours to a more comfortable height.

• Janice Janice on May 16, 2021

Absolutely okay to place them on a concrete floor. As William indicated, both pieces should have adjustable feet to insure they are level. Hopefully your dryer will be vented to the outside to reduce additional moisture in the cellar.

• Mogie Mogie on May 16, 2021

Sure can put them on a cement floor but consider a riser of some sorts. Make sure it is level or your spin cycle will be off balance this is very important.

• Betsy Betsy on May 16, 2021

Hi Barbara: You can usually get free pallets from the rear of carpeting stores. I'd see if I could get some of those to put under your washer and dryer. I'd also get a piece of rubber padding to put on top of the pallets to keep them from walking around :)

Good luck

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on May 16, 2021

Hello. Our washer and dryer are on our concrete floor. We did paint our floor for some visual appeal.

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on May 16, 2021

they have pans for washers so if it leaks it won't go onto your floor but it isn't recommended for dryers because of the heat you can find them online and and any hardware store

• Yes. As long as they are level, there should be no problem.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on May 17, 2021

My MIL had hers on the basement floor, directly on the concrete, with no issues.

• Annie Annie on May 17, 2021

Yes it can, Just make sure they are properly leveled

• Maura White Maura White on May 17, 2021

We have ours on our cement floors in our basement.

• Flipturn Flipturn on May 19, 2021

I would not recommend putting the appliances on pallets. The likelihood that the lumber will be level is very low. Also, as you do not know what type of substances or insects the pallets have come into contact with, they may begin to smell after being in such close contact with the warm appliances and moist air. It will be almost impossible to disinfect them thoroughly.

• It should be fine! Most people in ranch houses have their washer/dryers in the basement on concrete floor.