Should I paint my fireplace?

+3
Thinking about resale appeal, fireplace is regular brick with brick raised hearth. Paint? Tile? What will appeal to buyers?

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 06, 2018
    I would ask your restate agent for there opinion.Personally I would not paint that.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Jan 06, 2018
    Agree with Janet to not paint it. Speaking from experience, you can never second guess what it is about a house that potential buyers will either like or dislike.
    If and when you do have the house for sale, if it ever does come down to a potential sale with the buyer stalling due to not liking the colour of the fireplace, lower the price by what it would cost to repaint it, get the house sold, and move on.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Jan 07, 2018
    I think that if you're looking into selling, you should just make sure the fireplace is intact and clean. I wouldn't risk painting.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Jan 07, 2018
    I would do what Shoshana said. In addition, if it has a brass framed screen or glass covering the fire box, remove it. It really makes the fireplace look dated.