Old style condo.

+10

How can I update this opening between my living room and kitchen area without the cost

q old style condo
  • Mogie Mogie on May 08, 2020

You could add shelves and make this a see thru bookcase or hang plants from the top. Do you want to close this off?

• Morgan McBride Morgan McBride on May 08, 2020

I wouldn't close it up. Does your kitchen have any windows? That would really make the space feel dark.

• Gk Gk on May 08, 2020

You could hang up an old window with hooks. You could add sayings, pictures, or make it look like stained glass. You could use tension rods to hang a macrame wall hanging if you are crafty and want to make one yourself. Do you have enough room to add a shelf with brackets and make a small bar eating area on the side opposite of the kitchen?

• Theresa Theresa on May 09, 2020

Dear Gh thanks for your ideas Do you think a store bought one would look good I also thought about a valance what do you think.?

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on May 08, 2020

Paint it or add contact paper. Something bright and cheery that won't clash with decor of either room.

• Dee Dee on May 08, 2020

You could hang pendant lights in the area, and place stools in front.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on May 08, 2020

How about building a simple counter here and having bar stools to make a breakfast bar?

• Deb K Deb K on May 08, 2020

Hi Theresa, have you thought about changing the frame around this one? You could also paint the framing a complimentary color, and add a few items like stone countertop and frame it in stone or faux stone. Here's a few ideas to maybe help you out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRFK_jTG93M

• William William on May 09, 2020

You have hooks there already. Some small hanging plants would look good. Not block the light or view too much.

• Nee Nee Nee Nee on May 10, 2020

If you entertain guest in the living room I would not want to cut myself off from guest. I like the suggestion of putting a countertop in the opening and 2 to 3 stools.