Need a spacesaver idea for more kitchen worktop space that doesnt cost

• Ken Ken on Jan 08, 2018
    Would help to know what you have stored on your counter.

• Linda Dancaster Linda Dancaster on Jan 08, 2018
      Hi ken im moving from a 3 bed house to a 1 bed flat my kitchen in house has 13 cupboards, 6 draws and 3 work tops but only one is long. At present i have a toaster kettle microwave and large slow cooker plus bits of paper for shopping lists bread bin and utensil caddy. My new place only has 7 cupboards and 4 draws but they are all on one side of kitchen. The other side will house the fridge freezer a small freezer and a tumble dryer so will have a bit of space left but because its rented im not allowed to make holes in wall so ideas for storage and counter space greatly appreciated

• DesertRose DesertRose on Jan 08, 2018
    We took a discarded cabinet (free), refinished it, and added wheels to it to make an island we could move around in our small kitchen. Also, we added hinges and a bracket so we could put it up for extra counter space when needed and down when not in use to save space. It hardly cost anything but about 3 days on a long weekend to do it all. Now we have more counter space, more drawers, and more cabinet space for my pots or bowls I hardly use. WE also covered it with a metal top so we could set hot things on it like my jam maker as it gets hot. Hope this helps. All it cost us were the wheels to attach to the bottom.