Tips on organizing spice s

+2
  • Dfm Dfm on Dec 31, 2017
    organize alphabetecly . Much easier to find the one you want quickly.

• M. M.. M. M.. on Dec 31, 2017
    Or,if your brain works this way, divide herbs and spices first by their use, THEN alphabetize them. For example, divide spices into sweet (like baking, dessert use:cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.) and savory( garlic, oregano,rosemary, etc.). If you like to do bbq, curry, or Asian flavors, to name just a few, those could be other categories. Salt and pepper should be available always.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 31, 2017
    https://www.hometalk.com/categories/organizing/kitchen/spice-jars

• Eleanor Korf Eleanor Korf on Dec 31, 2017
    IF you have an overhang at the end of a kitchen cabinet you can make a spice cabinet that only needs to be 2" deep. With face frame and door mine came to 4" deep. I was fortunate to have a larger overhang, so I put a towel bar on the door to use as a door opener/towel bar, and had enough space to put most of my spices in alphabetical order.

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 01, 2018
    Im all about floating shelving- this way I can keep my spices right out where I'll need em- and keep refills and less frequently used spices in higher up shelves