Asked on Jun 02, 2018

How much does .5 cubic feet of pea gravel cover

Bar32317110
by Bar32317110
+2
For around an 18 ft round pool. No idea how much i need

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jun 02, 2018
    Hi Barbicrone,
    Scroll down on this website to see the steps to figuring out cubic feet of a cylindrical shape. It tells you exactly how to do the math and walk you through each step. C = 18 ft, r = 9 ft, H = the depth you want for your gravel. Wishing you the best.

• Honestly, you are better off purchasing in bulk from a landscaping supply as they sell by the "scoop" or ton. Prices, including delivery will be much less than dragging 50 lb. or more bags home from a local hardware or home improvement store. Here is how to calculate.

The guys and gals at my preferred stoneyard are excellent at calculating. I bring my measurements and photo of area (s) to be covered and they calculate for me.

• Kelly-n-Tony Kelly-n-Tony on Jun 02, 2018
    Call a rock selling place or general landscaping company and ask them how much you need. They will ask the size of the location you intend to put the rock. They can deliver and dump in the space you want it and then you just spread it out. It's cheaper then buying by the bag.

• Sharon Sharon on Jun 02, 2018
    Ask the guy at the gravel yard, I used 7 tons pea gravel to do my driveway and circle in front of my garage. It was $13 ton. Its not as much as you think. Measure how far out from the edge of the pool, how deep you want it, and then measure the dia. of the pool. If you don't want weeds coming through, be sure to get landscape fabric down first.
    They usually have several different types and colors, so take some plastic bottles with some water in them to test the mix for each type.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jun 02, 2018
    Calculators from mulch and Stone are available.

There are calculators that might help you determine your landscaping need. Here’s one to consider, add in the type of material you wish to apply.