Best way to get rid of lead cutter ants .....an evo friendly approach

• DesertRose DesertRose on Nov 26, 2017
    You can be rid of any kind of ant with cornmeal. It is safe for children, pets, the environment and best of all, it works! We use Jiffy because it is sweet and they really gobble it up. Put it on the ant hill or where you see a trail of ants. I keep 2 boxes in my pantry at all times in case we find a new mound. Usually if I apply it in the spring, I do not see any all summer. If the colony is large you may have to apply a second time. I have never had to apply more than twice to any large ant hill. Two applications is about half a box of Jiffy. We tried poison and bait and everything before an old timer told us about cornmeal. We love it because it is safe and it kills the colony! They take it back to the queen and the colony dies.

• Sue Sue on Nov 29, 2017
    We've been using baby powder..talc not cornstarch. Hate ants!

• Sarah Sarah on Dec 01, 2017
    I use instant grits. Cheap! My neighbor used commercial products and wanted to know what I used because his yard was full of ant mounds and mine was not. Just sprinkle on the mound and around. Colony dies and dead ants fertilize the grass. Used it on all types of ants including fire ants. Works!