How can I keep the ants away from my Roses of Sharon Bush?

Ms86344758
by Ms86344758
+1
  • Colleen Sturma Reynolds Colleen Sturma Reynolds on Apr 19, 2017
    I have heard that ants do not like talc powder...you might try sprinkling that around your bush...would need to reapply after it rains.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 19, 2017
    Try cinnamon or black pepper,however you will have to re-apply on a regular basis.

• Judy Judy on Apr 20, 2017
    Plant Marigolds around them, they hate the smell, and this will add color as well. Also, put some moth balls around the bush, this will help as well.
    The ants will do no harm to the bush, for all bushes and trees have them on it. It is apart of nature.
    The Rose of Sharon is a lovely bush, isn't it? This comes in diff. colors, and I have several of these, on the side of the house, and in the back yard line as well.
    I love the deep burgundy, and the one next to it, is the white one/with pink. So, enjoy, and mix the colors, for a lovely variety. Best wishes, J.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 20, 2017
    Please do not use moth balls,the are very toxic to the environment