How do I get rid of fleas on my dog plus in my house?

+2
  • Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Sep 03, 2018

I can’t advise on the dog but I would recommend hiring a professional exterminator for the house. We tried diy and spent more than using one. It didn’t work and had to call one. They used something that makes the fleas sterile. We have hardwood flooring and they said those are the worst. Fleas breed in the tiny cracks.

• Vol34013706 Vol34013706 on Sep 03, 2018

I put drops of lavender and citrus blend Doterra Essential Oils into a liquid coconut oil in a little roller applicator ( you can get this from Doter too). I rolled it on my dogs ears and down his back. The flys stayed away. You have to reapply it ever so often.

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Sep 03, 2018

You need to have them dipped at a groomers. While you and they are gone set off flea bombs in your house. Follow directions, make sure there is no exposed food or anything you ar they eat on or out of, like dishes, glasses, etc.. takes about 5 hours before you can enter the house. May have to repeat a few times every 2 weeks instill you kill the eggs. It's a pain but it works. There is also a spray for the yard. After that make sure you put flea killer on then religiously every month.

• Mel92767 Mel92767 on Sep 03, 2018

For the dog wash him/her with blue(original) Dawn dish soap. Wet and lather the fur Leave it on your dog for 30 minutes then rinse. When your dog is rinsed comb with a flea comb to remove any eggs. When the dog is dry apply a flea prevention. My favorite is NextGuard. As for your house doing a flea/bug fogger is your best option. I would set the fogger and then wash your dog will the fogger is working.