How do I get rid of squirrels he is eating my plants?

+5
  • FL FL on Dec 28, 2017
    Try the information on this site written by Wildlife Pest Removers: http://wildlifeanimalcontrol.com/squirrels.html

• Linda Prigge Wackenstedt Linda Prigge Wackenstedt on Dec 28, 2017
    Trap them in a cage from a feed store use peanut butter on crackers.. once they go in the door slams shut .. drive them far away or they will come back and release them ..

• Cindy Cindy on Dec 28, 2017
    I recommend spreading some shredded Irish Spring bar soap around your plants. You can shred the bars on a box grater or even in a food processor. Animals hate the taste and smell.

• Dianne Montgomery Dianne Montgomery on Dec 28, 2017
    Try putting out a dish of water for them. Sounds silly but my experience has been they are simply thirsty. You have nothing to lose by trying this and, if it works, it is the easiest solution.

• Betsy Betsy on Sep 23, 2018

Hi Lynn: Basically, you can't. Feed them somewhere else, and remember, everything needs to eat, so if you can, learn to enjoy the little buggers. I will say that they climb up my peach trees and throw peaches at me, but that's only when I forget to put something out for them:) If they are chewing on your wiring, spray it with a mixture of 3/4 water and 1/4 oil of clove (you can get it in the candy making section of the store, it's a bottle about 2 1/2 inches high and only costs a couple of bucks). Put this in a spray bottle and spray whatever you don't want chewed or clawed. Works for cats and dogs, too. Won't harm them, smells great, tastes terrible:( Good luck

• Get a bag of blood meal from the nursery, sprinkle through garden. The squirrels don't like blood smell at all and it also is a mild fertilizer