How do I keep weeds from taking over my flower gardens?

+5

Doing wintertime look like the weeds take over the yard what can I put down to keep the weeds from taking over the yard and my flower garden I'm not able to get down on the ground and take care of my garden like I used to, so how would I go about taking care of it.

• Deb K Deb K on Feb 03, 2019

Hi Gwendolyn, you can put landscape fabric down and cut holes for your plants,if you put rock around your plants to make it look tidy it will hold back the weeds for you.

• Oliva Oliva on Feb 03, 2019

Weed B Gon makes a spray that kills weeds, not lawns. You attach it to your garden hose. There is a ready to use handheld spray, also. Using Preen granules in established beds, once weeds are removed will keep them from regrowing. If you don't already use a mulch, I'd recommend pine needle mulch or hardbark mulch, in 4" depth, to suppress weed growth.

• See 2 previous
    • Gwendolyn E Sankey Gwendolyn E Sankey on Feb 26, 2019

Thanks

• Hi Gwendolyn - This is the most effective all-natural weed killer DIY that we use. It's even been featured on Hometalk! Hope this helps! Hugs, Holly

https://pinkfortitude.com/weed-killer/

• Ellis Ellis on Feb 24, 2019

Mulching around the plants with the mulch of your choice (bark, nuggets, etc.) will keep the weeds down and also save some watering, because the soil doesn't dry out so fast.