How to get worms out of my garden.

+4
One of my plants was full of black and white worms and the plant was all slimy. Some of the worms went to other plants. Please help.

• Rowgop (Pam) Rowgop (Pam) on Jun 17, 2018
    Could you send a picture

• Eri32314845 Eri32314845 on Jun 17, 2018
      Unfortunately, I cannot send a picture. I scoop up all the the worms and burn them with parifien. I thrown the plant in the buses. I am scared that it will happen again. The advice below, to throw beer in a bottle in the garden, sound like a waste. Somebody else advice me to use a poisen called Blue Death. This is normally used for ants. Any advice on that.

• Mbp9701842 Mbp9701842 on Jun 17, 2018
    Worms are integral to a healthy garden. Be grateful you have them. Get yourself a basic book on gardening Go to a neighborhood garden and talk to the gardeners there.

• Gra33487030 Gra33487030 on Jun 17, 2018
    You could try easy snail & slug catchers & see if they’re drawn to them. Cut tops off plastic water or pop bottles or pop cans making containers about 3” high. Sink them into the garden beside affected plants with top edge barely above ground level. Pour room temp beer in each to about 1 1/2” deep. Check often & remove victims!! After rain, empty & add fresh beer. They’ve saved my hostas from slugs!

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jun 17, 2018
    These do not sound like earthworms (which are beneficial to the garden), plus earthworms do not go up plants. I agree with Patti, without a picture we are at a loss. It is so devastating to hear your plants are being infested with a parasite and it needs to go. We would love to help, but need a visual.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jun 17, 2018
    Hi Mbp9701842, Sounds like caterpillars, the white/cream Butterflies lay their eggs and they feed on the plant - they just love Cabbages etc.