How do.i add texture to a cement patio?

+2
The cement patio right outside my French doors did not receive a groomed finish when the cement was installed. This is a big problem when the grandkids come to play in the pool, inevitably one of them will slip and fall if I am not strategic with my placement of carpets.
How can I add texture to the cement ?

• C C on Jan 29, 2018
    Home Depot, Lowes or any paint store carry a special cement paint for patios and you can add silica sand to it to make it non-slippery

• Caroline Power Gangl Caroline Power Gangl on Jan 30, 2018
    They also sell special paint that already includes a grit. Just be sure to stir paint frequently when painting or else some areas may not get enough of the grit to toughen up the surface.

• Kathy Kathy on Jan 30, 2018
    You can use pea gravel or river rock or pebbles to give your patio some texture. super easy to care for also.
    Kathy

• Fix It Jen Fix It Jen on Jan 30, 2018
    Also check out the garage floor epoxy section of your local home improvement store, they have lots of options and are non-skid.

• Fran Fran on Jan 30, 2018
    Thank you for all the supportive responses