I had 3 windows installed, middle is larger & end ones same size. It

+11

I had 3 windows installed, middle is larger & end ones same size. It looks plain & unfinished, could you give me suggestions

q i had 3 windows installed middle is larger end ones same size it
How can I make my new vinyl windows look finished & appeal from the curb
  • Jackie Sears Ordiway Jackie Sears Ordiway on Jan 10, 2022

help, PLEASE

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on Jan 11, 2022

you need some kind of trim work over the larger window to make it all match - just asking but why is the center window larger? couldn't they have used all the same size windows?

• Seth Seth on Jan 11, 2022

All that white is meant to simulate the trim around the other windows, but there is too much of it and it is out of proportion compared to the other windows. The fact that the windows are not the same size is okay. You just need to bring everything into proportion and symmetry with the rest of the trim. Paint the very top piece of trim just below the soffit the same color or a complimentary color as the siding. Using the trim on the upper windows as a guide, add trim the same dimensions around the outsides and tops of the windows with narrower pieces between the windows. This will give it the depth of the other window casings. Paint the remaining areas the same color as the top piece of the trim. It won't be perfect, but will look a little more intentional and trick the eye from a distance.

• Jackie Sears Ordiway Jackie Sears Ordiway on Jan 11, 2022

Thank you, I needed validation it didn't compliment the house & something could be done. Appreciate your suggestions!

• If you can, try painting the trim. You could also add window boxes for plantings, maybe shutters if that's your style. Try the search bar at the top left for ideas on Hometalk, an image search on Google, maybe even Pinterest, and out of those three, you should have more than a few great ideas.

• Mogie Mogie on Jan 11, 2022

Is there some way you could cut a new piece of trim that would enclose all the windows? Hard to tell from the picture if that is possible or not. That would make them look more like one window unit.

• William William on Jan 11, 2022

I agree with Seth. Too much white. Yes, paint the trim board below the soffit same color as the siding. You can get a color match. I would also put 1X4 boards as vertical trim at the left and right corners and paint them the same as the siding. This would frame the windows making them more cohesive and eliminate a lot of the white.

• Dee Dee on Jan 11, 2022

I would put trim like on the upper windows. But I would also paint around the bottom windows. I like the bigger window in the center. I would use a darker gray around the windows to go with the siding.

• Mogie Mogie on Jan 12, 2022

Painting the trim around the windows black would add some contrast and interest to the area.

• Rymea Rymea on Jan 13, 2022

How about a pergola over them to draw the attention away from the windows.

• Rymea Rymea on Jan 13, 2022

Put a pergola or trellis over then to take the attention away from the windows.

• Nancy Nancy on Jan 14, 2022

I would also do a pergola taking in all windows..you need to up the landscape below those windows anyhow. ..this will draw the eye away from the windows and toward the plantings.