How do I makeover an end table?

+2
I found an old, paint chipped end table that I would love to repaint, but don’t have the faintest idea where to begin.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 07, 2018
    If you have a good sander, it would make sanding it back to the wood easier to give you a good smooth surface to work with, then prime it with the primer that works with the paint you want to use, paint and top coat and done. Then you can sit back and admire your handiwork.

• Dfm Dfm on Jan 07, 2018
    test the piece for lead paint first...you don't want lead particles floating in the air. if negitive...the above steps are the way to go.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jan 07, 2018
    Nancy's advice is right, the only thing I would say is to clean it first. Next I would fill in the chips with a wood patching product if they are on the actual wood and sand them to match the level of the wood. If the chips are in the paint, that's where the sander would work. Also, even if you don't have a good sander, you can sand it by hand. Naturally, it is a lot more work but it can be done. You might also be able to borrow one from someone you know. Just be sure that they show you how to use it. ;) Wishing you the best.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Jan 08, 2018
    There are a bunch of ideas on Hometalk you can choose from-https://www.hometalk.com/categories/painted-furniture/wood/end-tables