How do you update metal floor candlesticks from the 80's?

+7
q how do you update metal floor candlesticks from the 80 s
  • Ken Ken on Dec 28, 2017
    They look like they could use a new finish. Rust-Oleum's Painter's touch line of spray paints has a lot of colors and gives excellent coverage. Don't worry about updating. If you like the look that is all that matters.

• 62q10370829 62q10370829 on Dec 28, 2017
    A lot of people are painting them. Good luck.

• Dia Dia on Dec 28, 2017
      What kind of paint would you use and would you have to treat the metal with something first to prep it?

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Dec 28, 2017
    I actually really like those! Rustoleum is great on metal, and they have a huge variety of colors. They also have a spray paint that is specifically for metal. Good luck, and I am going to try and find some of those!

• Dia Dia on Dec 28, 2017
    Thank you Ken!

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Dec 28, 2017
    Spray paint does wonders

• Cathy Cathy on Dec 31, 2017
    I love them they way the look in the picture. Rustic, rough and natural. Love with greenery. Again, a natural look.

• Cari Cari on Dec 31, 2017
    They are very pretty. How about chalk paint and then distress them. Play up the rustic look

• Melody Stern Melody Stern on Dec 31, 2017
    OK! I don't think you could do anything' to make those candlesticks look nice....Sooooo I think you should just.. sell them to me! LOL!!

• Starr Durrant Starr Durrant on Dec 12, 2019

Beautiful - they would make great base for a bird bath!