I need to reupholster a recliner. How do I do it?

+2
It's a modern recliner made of leather. And not those big bulky recliners.

• Jodi Murray Hendon Jodi Murray Hendon on Dec 09, 2017
    The only time I've checked about reupholstering a chair, the cost would have been more, probably, than the cost of a new chair. You might check Sure-Fit for a slipcover.

• Suellen Hintz Suellen Hintz on Dec 09, 2017
    remove all the pieces of leather and use them for the pattern to cut your new fabric. Take pics as you remove items and pay attention to how and where they were secured. Depending on your new fabric, you may need to match the pattern, looking at the chair for clues. Stripes should match from the footrest to the seat and up the back, then down the back. Florals should do the same, with particular attention paid to centering flowers. Make your cording on the bias and be sure to stitch it tightly Using your zipper foot. You need good scissors, good sewing machine, pins and spare sewing machine needles, a good background in sewing and fitting, staple gun, nails and tacks and hammer, another person to help you pull and staple, heavy string. You might need new foam, cotton sheeting, webbing,etc. price out all you think you'll need. Might be easier to have it done professionally.

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 09, 2017
    What are your sewing skills and what kind of sewing equipment do you have??

• NanaDD NanaDD on Dec 09, 2017
    I have reupholstered a number of pieces of furniture before. I start by very carefully removing the old upholstery fabric/leather & use the pieces as templates for the new material. Just ensure you adjust sizes for any stretched out material.I've tried "patterns" before & they've never easily worked.