What would be the best and less smell option to redo a chest ?

+3
This chest has a gloss finish that I need a quick and no smell option to redo it . Would really like to just sand it , then repaint .
q what would be the best and less smell option to redo a chest
This is it ! It's really a large project !
  • Dysko7710 Dysko7710 on Jun 22, 2017
    If you use chalk paint, you don't even need to sand at all. Just clean it well and paint.

• 7218805 7218805 on Jun 22, 2017
    Totally agree! With no more prep work than a whick wipe-down with diluted vinegar and water, I painted a dark walnut night table with 3 coats of chalk paint (I prefer that to one heavy coat), applied a white floor wax to it, and it looks and feels so soft and silky....:)

• Lisa Burton Lisa Burton on Jun 22, 2017
    Check out Unicorn Spit...it is a stain and glaze that can be applied to wood/metal/glass/plastic/cloth...it is amazing! I have made coasters, painted planters, re-done cheap florist vases and painted metal hummingbirds to put on drinking glasses. It is fun to work with and you don't really need true artistic talent. This "paint" has a jasmine scent to it...not stinky!!

• Pmorte Pmorte on Jun 22, 2017
    I agree with chalk paint or milk paint there are so many great colors to choose from. You should degloss before painting. ZINSSER®
    Paint Deglosser Apply a new finish within one hour of deglossing.
    A very easy redo, I have painted several pieces of furniture

• Sharon Sharon on Jun 22, 2017
    You could also do your pre-wash with TSP, then smooth with a bit of fine sandpaper to hit the highlights, and paint with any low-VOC paint. Satin or semi-gloss finish will give you the most wearability.

• P Donnice Sorrell P Donnice Sorrell on Jun 24, 2017
    Thanks for all the ideas ! The chalk paint idea sounds like my best way ! I've been checking it out and had won about it ! 😄