Hello, how do I repair my Christmas Lights?

+3

Thank you!

• Google the type and brand of lights you have. Most have repair tips on line!

• Ken Ken on Dec 14, 2017
    Unless you have something special those light strings are cheap and disposable. I have spent hours trying to discover which bulb was defective only to give up in frustration. It is not worth doing.

• John Taylor John Taylor on Dec 14, 2017
    Really need more information on what's wrong with them to answer. House lights? Tree lights? Bulbs not lighting?

• Amanda Amanda on Dec 14, 2017
    Hi Lucky. Did you check all of the bulbs and make sure one didn't burn out. Some lights will all go out even if just one bulb burnt out. You can purchase a bulb tester to check them. Another thing that happens is a fuse blows. The fuses are on the plug part. They is a piece that you slide off. If they look a little black inside then they probably need to be replaced. Good Luck.

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 14, 2017
    I have the same problem.... of the six strings of lights I bought last year.. only 3 are working (it rained and we had water in the glass globes)
    HAS anyone else noticed.... they don't sell replacement light bulbs for most strings anymore... and there is usually not more than ONE extra globe in the new sets.
    The first thing I am going to do is get one of the light tester/repair tools or kits...so we have a chance of finding the right bulb
    One thing I HAVE done is... anytime I buy new lights... I buy 2 extra strings... so when the first string breaks... it becomes the "donar" for replacements (and I mark the box or string as such)

• Barb Barb on Dec 16, 2017
    WIt until after Christmas and purchase new ones on clearance, I replace mine every 3 years when I get them so cheap📌🎄