How don i connect a extra electrical outlet to my power box

  5 answers
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Oct 14, 2017
    Call an electrician

  • Ellis Ellis on Oct 14, 2017
    If by power box you mean your electrical panel, you don't do it. Call a licensed electrician and have it done to code.

  • Betsy Betsy on Oct 14, 2017
    Right, if you have to ask, don't do it! Have someone who is licensed and bonded do it. And, make sure you check them out with the BBB first and see if you need a permit. If you do it, or someone whose not licensed and your house catches fire, your insurance won't cover it. Also, whatever project you are having done that needs a permit, yeah, I'm yelling here:) DON'T YOU EVER PULL THE PERMIT, NO MATTER HOW MUCH THE PERSON SAYS THAT YOU WILL SAVE! EVER! I wish I could make that bigger! Whomever pulls the permit is telling the city, county, township, that THEY are doing the work. If you pull the permit, you are saying that YOU are doing the work. If you're not licensed, and something happens, you are on the stick with your insurance company and they won't cover the damage. If someone says that you can save some money if you pull the permit, don't DON'T hire them! Run away!

  • Marla James Marla James on Oct 14, 2017
    The above answers are correct! YOUR LIFE is worth much more than the money you might save by doing this yourself.

  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on Oct 15, 2017
    Definitely call an electrician in this particular case. Good luck!