How to add electric outdoor lights to front of house ?

• What kind of lights? Do you have any electrical outlets on the outside of your house? I would decide what type of lighting you want or need then call in a licensed electrician to come install the proper receptacles for you.

• Lynne Webb Lynne Webb on Dec 09, 2017
      I agree. Solar are OK but the length of time they stay lit begins to wane with age.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 09, 2017
    If I understand you correctly, part of what you want to know is how to physically put the lights on the house. To answer that question, they sell clips that hook on your gutters. You can see that in this link:

Also, if you don't have a plug outside, there are a couple of options. You could use an outdoor extension cord and run it into your garage, if that has power. Just be careful that there is a small gap at the bottom or side of the garage door.

Of course, the best option is to have a plug put in somewhere that you can reach it easily to put up lights. One of the things we did was have a double plug with a cover (for weather) put in. It runs inside the house to a switch in the closet so that we can turn it on and off from inside. Our inside switch also has a timer so we can put them on for X number of hours, then the power will shut off. This may or may not be helpful with today's lights, since some have a built in timer. I hope this helps.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Dec 10, 2017
    This Hometalker brightened her front porch using LED lights-https://www.hometalk.com/diy/decorate/rooms/small-balcony-gets-a-nighttime-makeover-with-smart-led-lights-10409020