How to add foam to couch but not inside pillows?

Ginger
by Ginger
+12
q how to add foam to couch but not inside pillows

Thank you good people for responding to my sofa dilemma. Most of you suggested a plywood insert. I understand your reasoning and that has been tried and it’s not as comfortable as this foam is. Plywood feels like you are sitting on a cushion on wood……. Problem: new foam cannot be added to cushions.they are fine and completely stuffed. I need to find a way to insert this foam under the cushions in one piece. Should I open the lining under the cushion after I have trimmed the foam? Or should I just trim the foam in front, back far enough so that it doesn’t show? Have I gone over the edge and have lost my mind?

if I could find a way to slip this foam on the top of the springs……that’s what the sofa needs. But, I’m afraid I won’t be able to put it back together if I remove the fabric covering the springs. Has anybody ever tried this? Don’t be afraid to admit that you did and tell me how it worked.

Here is where the foam needs to go, either under or on top, but not showing like the first picture. We are new here after moving 1300 miles from a beautiful home we lived in for 38 years. I don’t know that many people yet so I could leave it like the top photo and see if anyone notices and are brave enough to ask what the hell was I thinking……

ok. This is my last attempt for a solution. I love this site and I won’t bother you anymore. Promise. Thanks in advance.

Ginger