What do I do to camouflage hairline cracks on my concrete porch?

+3

Porch is only three years old. Contractor says this is normal. How do I fix these cracks in my concrete?

q what do i do to camouflage hairline cracks on my concrete porch
  • Shoshana Shoshana on May 23, 2017
    You can try filling it in with some caulk. Here are some good tips:

• Judy Stokley Broughton Judy Stokley Broughton on May 23, 2017
      THERE IS OUT DOOR PAINT WITH SAND N IT! IF U CAN'T FIND IT GET PAINT ADD SAND TO IT! I USED IT N FL ON PORCH/LANA/GARAGE FLOOR! GREAT!

• William William on May 23, 2017
    This is not normal. Looks like stress crack from the corner. If there is a warranty get him back to fix it. You can try to fix it but they may get worse.

• It is normal, nothing to be concerned about. I let those be as filling in sometimes brings attention to the minor surface cracks. Then you will be even more unhappy. If it really bothers you, you can always tile over the porch.

• Mom22500597 Mom22500597 on May 23, 2017
    Go to Ikea and get some Runnen floor decking. They are wood tiles with plastic underneath so they easily snap together. Put those on top of your concrete porch. They are SOOOO stylish looking. You will really love the final results! Here is a link to them:

(And no, I don't work for Ikea. I have these tiles on my front stoop and I just love them. They are perfect for solving your problem!)

• Rachel Brown Rachel Brown on May 25, 2017
    It is normal. You cannot put a warranty on concrete. There is too many things that can affect the finishing of the concrete, weather conditions, the dryness/wetness of material when it was poured, ground movement or erosion and many other things. You can look into staining the concrete which will hide the cracks.