Best type of plastic to stop wind coming in home?

+2
I looking for ideals other than the plastic that you put up to windows to keep the wind from coming into your home. I'm disable and like to set at the window and look out, but cant take that air and can't afford new windows. Is there some other inexpensive way to help this situation.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 06, 2017
    https://www.hometalk.com/diy/repair/windows/windows-insulation-tip-weatherize-frosting-5235768

• SandyG SandyG on Dec 06, 2017
    Weather stripping would help keep some of the cold air out. And using caulking will help also. Make sure to hang drapes that you can pull open and close to help block some of the cold air. Check to see if your local community or town has weatherization programs that can help weatherize your windows.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Dec 06, 2017
    Plexiglass

• Ken Ken on Dec 06, 2017
    I assume that you mean ideas, not ideals?

You have rejected the one best option. The window kits that use a sheet of clear plastic held onto the window frame by double sided tape are marvelous. Cheap. Easy to install. So clear that it is difficult to tell that they are there. Easy to remove. These are a nine on a scale of ten for what you want. Next nearest solution rates a two.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 06, 2017
    WE live in a very cold part of the country. We put bubble wrap on the windows, but I left 6 to 8 inches vertically free of the bubble wrap to be able to see out from my chair. Even though a large section of the window is uncovered, it cut way back on the drafts and our furnace does not come on nearly so often. What a help it has been! I no longer feel drafts. You can buy it in rolls for about $5 to $7 a roll and it will cover all your windows many times over.