How do I secure the plastic windows to get the best seal?

+3
  • Joy Lewis Joy Lewis on Dec 05, 2017
    I would use the shrink kind put up tape use a blow dryer to shrink it

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Dec 05, 2017
    Are you talking about the plastic film you apply to a window? If so, I've always used the double sided tape meant for it. You can buy extra if needed. It pulls away at the end of the season without any difficulty.

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Dec 05, 2017
    usually there is a little strip of cardboard that you roll the plastic around and use a small nail/tack to hold

• Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Dec 07, 2017
    I must be honest, I was a slave addicted to that for of sealant and this year ,as I get older, I said no more there has got to be something year round cause if cold comes in the heat comes in,right? So I applied this peel back hole tube strip that I got at our local ace but I am sure that you can find it at any hardware store, ace us just down the block and I like to support family owned stores. OK so I measured it and cut it, FYI the one I purchased was actually a product that has two tube and you cut down the center, why I don't know be a use they could just sell one continuous strip. Anyway after measuring bottom of window I cut cleaned the bottom of the window dried it peeled the backing as I went along and it is the best seal ever! I had curtains that actually moved with the wind and trust me they don't move now. And I now have a great seal for the summer! There is nothing wrong with the plastic film it works when properly applied, it's just such a hassle and takes forever plus you lose the ability to open that window on a nice day just to air out home. And like I said I was just tired of doing it every year.