What do i replace the broken glass in the ceiling of my greenhouse wit

Wooden frame (Aframe) with 12 x 16 pieces of glass caulked in the frames. Been keeping it fromleaking with packing tape, don't know what to replace it with. Constructed around 1970s.

  10 answers
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Nov 22, 2017
    See if you can find a piece of plexiglass to fit the area,or have a piece cut to the size you need

  • Dfm Dfm on Nov 22, 2017
    there are polycarbonate green house panels available 4 by 8 sheets if I rember correctly. Off cuts in the bargain bins.

    • B. Enne B. Enne on Nov 22, 2017
      That was my suggestion as well. It is supposed to be very strong.

  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Nov 22, 2017
    You could use plexiglass or replace the pane with real glass that provides better sunlight for your plants. Click on the link below and scroll down to the part that details how to replace the glass if you decide to do that. Best of luck with your project!

  • Bev Bev on Nov 22, 2017
    Lexon is stoner then plexy, butore expensive would suggest you get tempered glass. At a glass company

  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Nov 22, 2017
    I would take the frame and a piece of the glass to a glass company and have the glass replaced. Glass would be the best if the rest of the panels are glass, it won't change the light that comes in the green house. You can get the thickness you need, and they can probably put it in the frame for you. It would probably cost a lot less than Plexiglas or Lexan that you will need to cut to fit yourself without breaking it.

  • Dfm Dfm on Nov 22, 2017
    it is...haven't broken one since they were up.

  • Dfm Dfm on Nov 23, 2017
    it is. Haven’t been able break up the trimmed part to get it into the garbage can

  • Dfm Dfm on Nov 23, 2017
    i have yet to break one, if i need smaller i have to dig out the jig saw.

  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on May 10, 2021

    Hi there,

    Greenhouse glass from the glass shop or a greenhouse supplier. Make a template or measure accurately.

  • Deb K Deb K on Jul 04, 2021

    Hello, you can get pieces of glass cut, take the frame in to them and they will fix it up, you could use plexiglass which you buy at hardware and home improvement stores.