I have quite a few wooden cigar boxes, how can I repurpose?

+2
  • Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Aug 06, 2017
    They work great for kids' pencil boxes for school. They can also be painted or varnished and made into lovely jewelry or trinket boxes. Keep playing cards in them, small toys, small items in a workshop, sewing boxes.

• Susan K Mullins Susan K Mullins on Aug 06, 2017
    If you would like to use them for decoration, you can stack them and add height to items by sitting them on top of the boxes. I needed to raise an old phone because I had two sitting together. I used three cigar boxes under one of the phones. I staggered the boxes so they are not in a straight, neat stack.

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Aug 07, 2017
    Painted pink, purple, or white with some lace and a little mirror glued on, these would make a great Barbie clothes box, maybe with a little plastic box for accessories. Painted in black and red stripes, with decals or pictures, this would be a good box for Matchbox-type cars and trucks. The knob could be one of the vehicles with the wheels removed. I am envious! Best wishes 😇

• FranDIYer FranDIYer on Aug 07, 2017
      It's funny you should ask! My son just cam back from Cuba and found some interesting things they do with cigar boxes. On one a pictures of art you can find on calendars, magazines, etc. My son found one with a pic of Frida Kahlo. Paint or varnish box, then glue on the pictures, let dry and then varnish or decopage. Also, decorate as above, hang on the wall with hooks inside and have a storage place for items like keys, jewelry.

• Emily Emily on Aug 07, 2017
    some cigar boxes could be very valuable left as they are, but otherwise any thing you would like to do would be great. Since decoupage is my art form I would probably decoupage them. This is traditional decoupage. . . that is each image cut out individually.