Upcycle a pine display case for bathroom storage?

+8
I would like to upcycle this to a beach style unit for my bathroom. Suggestions will be most welcome. Thank you
q upcycle a pine display case for bathroom storage
  • Debbie Blair Williams Debbie Blair Williams on Apr 13, 2018
    Use white paint to apply a wash of color. Or, paint white and distress.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Apr 13, 2018
    Oh, there are so many things you can do. Here are a few ideas. You could cover the wood with a lighter color. Calk it first then, Prime it with aroma free Kilz primer paint, and paint it a lighter color such as sand color, put seashells on picture frames, and add other seaside type decor to it using seaside colors of the ocean or beach. Buy other matching decor in towels, window decor, and lamp shades or vanity lights. Hope this helps

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 13, 2018
    white wash the unit

• Holly Kinchlea-Brown Holly Kinchlea-Brown on Apr 13, 2018
    Remove the scallopped edge at the top, whitewash the backing, distress paint the frame and shelves In pale blue or green depending upon your bathroom colours...or you could paint the colour on the interior with the outside being done in an off white.

• Lynn Lynn on Apr 13, 2018
    Prime back wall so knots don’t bleed through paint with a calming beach glass paint and whitewash the shelving and front.

• Catherine Troy Catherine Troy on Apr 13, 2018
    Thanks Lynn, I'm not sure what beach glass paint is, I'm in UK, but I will google it.

Lynn, just googled, it, great idea to use two different types and colours, many thanks.