Don't Be Afraid of Removing Veneer

Great bones, but veneer needed to go.
Peeling veneer.
Not an easy task, but if done right veneer peels right off. The key is patience.
I have always thought the wood under veneer is beautiful.
Finished. Knobs from Hobby Lobby at half price.
So pleased with how it turned out.

15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Renee Sanofsky

• Marcia

You do not say how you removed the veneer, only "if it is done right, veneer peels right off"

• Tricia

I actually had a lot of success on my round claw foot top the veneer was chipping n peeling. So very very hot wet old bath towels laid on the table to loosen the veneer. I kept a plastic type picnic table cover over it and would wet and squeeze out the towels if they cooled. I did it slow about 2 days. But I was going about my day.

Good luck

• Janice

WHAT DID YOU USE TO PEEL OFF THE VENEER, I WAS USING A FLAT SCREWDRIVER, BUT I THINK I NEED A DIFFERENT TOOL

• Mcgypsy9

You can also use a heat gun which works very well in removing the veneer. The heat releases the glue that was used to attach the veneer. You can then use a “plastic” scraper to help with removal and it doesn’t damage like a metal one does. Heat guns are very cheap. It takes patience!

• Sherrie

Can you show us the tool you use please? Many tools for scraping paint can be found. I have a few but none are multi sided. Thank you so much!

• Karen H.

Absolutely beautiful! I think a lot of wonderful vintage pieces are passed over because they are veneered. Many times the price is lower on pieces that need repair work, and we can pick up a bargain. You certainly turned an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan. Well done!

• Mcgypsy9

I love it! What stain did you use? I’ve seen this stained and -winter and both are gorgeous!