Pretty in Purple - #SPiTChallenge

$5.00

This vase was pretty the way it was. However I knew it could be gorgeous!
First I applied a coat of Mod Podge and let it dry over night. It dries clear when dry.
Next I gathered my
If you haven't tried it you should!
It's a stain/glaze in one...you can use it on just about everything! It's kind of like finger paints for grown ups!
I used two different colors
First color Purple Hill Majesty
2nd color
2nd color Zia Teal
Add color until you reach desired coverage
Next I placed a grocery bag over the vase and mushed it...yes I know mushed isn't really a word but no other way to describe it! :)
Ta Da!!!
After removing plastic bag
Let dry ... drying time is dependent on temperature.
Apply sealer and she is pretty in Purple :)
Inside view

www.unicornspit.Com

Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes

• Pat Maxey
    Pat Maxey

Hey Mary where did you find the holder that you put the vase in. Beautiful job I liked the way the vains in the paints lined up with paints. M y colors also thanks for sharing this.

• Mary Carlson
      Mary Carlson

Hi Pat! I actually purchased the vase as it was :) Thank you for your kind words!

• Reb32418902
    Reb32418902

So you give us sites to find the products you recommend. When I go to those sites they do not show an opportunity to buy them. Can you tell me how to purchase them?
    • Sande
      Sande

I bought an entire set (11 colors) in 4 oz. on Amazon for under $80.00. Literally a few drops go a long way. Plus when diluted with water it will last forever!!

i love this stuff❤️

• Brian R Brislenn
    Brian R Brislenn

Could I use this technique to tint the inside of a glass jar? Would I still need sealer, or can I let it set at room temp or a warm oven?

• Markeen
      Markeen

You absolutely must seal the Unicorn Spit... it is water based and will literally wash off with a cloth, or a few drops of water... YOU MUST seal it. After sealing it is safe. I still would not paint the inside of a vase because even after a sealer is applied, unless it is a very expensive resin or epoxy, other sealers, even real good sealers, will turn a bit milky colored (think coffee rings on a coffee table). While it is true that once dried, it will return to the normal dried state, it still can reduce the pleasant colors that you want to come through and eventually it won't be sealed any longer. So I would really recommend that you stick with painting the outside while using Unicorn Spit.

• Reb32418902
    Reb32418902

Yes I will '
  • Donna Blake
    Donna Blake

Yes I will definitely try this as soon as I go to the store have a vase almost exactly like this and my office objects are purple. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours did. Great job!!!