Entry Closet Shoe Hooks

Remember that time when I organized my entry closet shoe area a while ago? Yeah... some sort of tornado ran through it faster than a week, I am sure of that. Did that make me discourage? Of course. All that hard work to be destroyed in a matter of a week was a little insulting I have to admit, but it made me really think about what I can do to really make this entry closet work for my sibling's shoes.
Here is the before
entry closet shoe hooks, bedroom ideas, closet, diy, organizing, shelving ideas, woodworking projects
Here is the before and after.
I choose the wood I wanted from Home Depot, which also happened to be the cheaper one. They cut it to my measurements for free and I paid around $9.50. When I got home, I drew a line in the middle with a ruler and a pencil.
Next, I took the cabinet style knobs that I bought from Dollarama (2 knobs in the pack for $2.00) and arranged them in the way that I want. Also, by placing all the knobs on the board it allowed me to mark down where to drill.
I took the boards and gave them some satin white spray paint.
I noticed that when I put the knobs on the board it was wobbly so my uncle (while on his vacation with us) suggested buying these washers that have padding on them. I bought mine at Canadian Tire. I place it on both the front and back of the board and placed the knob and nail through.
When I finished screwing in all the knobs. I drilled the wood board onto the wall. Also, I used the washers again to keep the board leveled.
Then it was time to place shoes on.
Reusing the wood crates from before, gave the closet extra storage for the shoes that could hang on knobs like flip flops and some sandals. It also provides separation and gives individual storage per child.
Simple and defiantly affordable!
Shanice Bannis

• Adrienne Andrecht

Thank you for the terrific idea. Wondering if peg board material would work and replace the knobs with coat hangers? The picture attached shows a 51 piece variety set of hooks for use on peg boards. This set sells for around $12.00. These are used to hold an assortment of items which include heavy tools. The peg board could be painted any color desired.

• Epifania

Oh yes, peg boards are nice too; less drilling job and more distance choices. Brilliant idea!! Tnx.

• Pollie Allen

How best to clean grou

• MyFrancina

WOW THANKS FOR THIS

• Kim

This is also a great idea for purses. The shafts of cabinet knobs are rounded, so won’t crease and stress the leather of purse straps, so they’ll last and look good longer

• Kay

Wonderful & clever idea. I am going to do this this week. It solves a big problem for me. Thanks so much!!

• Debra GEIGER
    30 minutes ago

Would try this