Entry Closet Shoe Hooks

Remember that time when I organized my entry closet shoe area a while ago? Yeah... some sort of tornado ran through it faster than a week, I am sure of that. Did that make me discourage? Of course. All that hard work to be destroyed in a matter of a week was a little insulting I have to admit, but it made me really think about what I can do to really make this entry closet work for my sibling's shoes.
Here is the before
Here is the before and after.
I choose the wood I wanted from Home Depot, which also happened to be the cheaper one. They cut it to my measurements for free and I paid around $9.50. When I got home, I drew a line in the middle with a ruler and a pencil.
Next, I took the cabinet style knobs that I bought from Dollarama (2 knobs in the pack for $2.00) and arranged them in the way that I want. Also, by placing all the knobs on the board it allowed me to mark down where to drill.
I took the boards and gave them some satin white spray paint.
I noticed that when I put the knobs on the board it was wobbly so my uncle (while on his vacation with us) suggested buying these washers that have padding on them. I bought mine at Canadian Tire. I place it on both the front and back of the board and placed the knob and nail through.
When I finished screwing in all the knobs. I drilled the wood board onto the wall. Also, I used the washers again to keep the board leveled.
Then it was time to place shoes on.
Reusing the wood crates from before, gave the closet extra storage for the shoes that could hang on knobs like flip flops and some sandals. It also provides separation and gives individual storage per child.
Simple and defiantly affordable!

Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Shanice Bannis

• Mary Beasley Giltner

How does the board lay flat to the wall with the screws on the back for the knobs

• Judy gail

I hung knobs along the board in the back of my closet to hang pictures safely as I often rotate my pictures thru the house. There is plenty of space for all of them and they each have their own knob to hang on. Beats trying to find boxes to store them in.

• Ronny Lewis

WOW, who lives there Emelda Mar cu?

• Edie Barker

Ronny Lewis I don't know personally how many in their house but I do personally recognize there being that many shoes at our doorway because we had 4 kids lol, 3 girls & 1 boy plus us (mom & dad), that's at least 6 pairs of flipflops lol, not to mention tennis shoes, boots etc the ones you don't want tracking dirt throughout the house day in and out lol, do the math, and add on friends of the kids who stop in, ours friends knew "shoes off into the shoe hanger box" (we were the kid hangout house on the street) lol. But it doesn't take long for a few pair of shoes to add up lol. I now live alone and at my back door shoe holder right now I have: a pair of "dressy" flipflops, around the yard flipflops, yard boots, yard sneakers, yard slippers, slipon boat shoes and a couple pair of my grandchildren's sneakers for when they're here to visit and play in the yard. Living in my part of Florida consists of lots of dirt, sand(yes there's a diff between them), water, mud, sometimes sandspurs, lots of beggarweeds and some grass lol, don't need all that throughout IN my home too lol. Hope that helps you figure out how its possible to have that many shoes at a door lol

• Tanya

How to paint or refinish a bookcas

• Linda

good idea

• Dana Marshall Postil

I do like this idea, but did you know that the word "sibling" means "brother" and/or "sister?" It doesn't mean "child." I wondered what you were doing living with a bunch of little kids that weren't your own sons or daughters. I realized you used the wrong word. I'd be hard on you for it, BUT my own father referred to us kids as "siblings" once, and we all straightened him out right away. (By the way, he was a professional having his own CPA firm..!)