Christmas Eve Tablescape With DIY Place Cards #HomeforChristmas

Welcome to my contribution to the Home for Christmas Blog Hop hosted by Hometalk.com and CountryLiving.com!
I'm SO excited to be participating in this hop!
There are going to be so many creative and inspiring posts, so make sure you click over to The House Down the Lane and "hop" around to all of the blogs linked at the bottom of the post.
christmas eve tablescape with diy place cards homeforchristmas, christmas decorations, seasonal holiday decor
MY INSPIRATION:
Each year on Christmas Eve, our family has a very special dinner. We each pick our favorite entree, and my lovely husband makes every. Single. One!
The anticipation and giddiness that mark Christmas Eve {even with teenagers} ensure that our dinner is full of lively conversation, laughter, and fun.
These evenings are some of my most favorite Christmas memories!
And I decided that this year we needed a festive tablescape with fun and unique place cards to go along with our special Christmas Eve dinner.
THE DIY PLACE CARDS:
Instead of names or initials, I used an image of each family member's favorite Christmas movie for place cards, and I used a glittered glass ornament as a place card holder and an egg cup as a stand.
My son's favorite Christmas movie...
My husband's favorite Christmas movie...
And my daughter's favorite Christmas movie...
And my favorite Christmas movie...
Later this week I'll be sharing the full DIY Place Card tutorial on the blog, so I hope you'll stop by!
I'd already decided to go with a black, white, red, and green color scheme for our Christmas decorating, and I continued that with this tablescape.
Part of what inspired my choice of color scheme is my recent obsession with black and white gingham, so I went with a gingham "tablecloth."
*Psst, that "tablecloth" is just a cut of fabric from the craft store. :0)
I wanted my centerpiece items to really stand out, so I added a black runner on top of the gingham.
To create my centerpiece, I used a frosted berry wreath and three candles.
I added a few more details: white pitchers with apples, berries, and greenery; a Believe sign; pine cones; and, of course, a winter bird.
For the place settings, I used black chargers and the English Staffordshire J & G Meakin Welcome Home plates that I snagged at the thrift store for a steal!
Perfect for Christmas, don't you think?
I'm really looking forward to Christmas Eve and the family fun it promises!
A very special thank you to Hometalk.com and CountryLiving.com for hosting the Home for Christmas Blog Hop!
Don't forget to click over to the blog, hop around, and see the other amazing posts! And if you're hanging out on social media, make sure to check out

Tiffany at The House Down the Lane

• Gaylia Nelson

Since there is a single hanger on the ornaments, how did you attach the cards?

• Jennifer Thompson Fogarty

Just have to say that the Silent Night movie is the best Christmas movie! Wonderul and very Moving story~~~Highly recommend Also, these projects are Great ideas~~thanks : )