Window Blinds Reused as Christmas Wall Art

After replacing wooden window blinds, I knew there had to be something they could be turned into. I love using fabrics so I had an idea.
I used nine window blind slats.
I cut strips of my chosen fabrics to cover the slats. I just used hot glue to do this.
use different colors and patterns for contras
Glue fabric tightly around the entire wooden slat.
Arrange slats in the order you want them. I tried two different arrangements. The first one had more of a "flag" look to it. I will use that idea later.
I wanted more of a landscape look for my picture. I have 4 of each fabric slat and one covered in just burlap at the bottom.
Now to hold them together. I didn't want to add a lot of weight. I used a fabric glue and hot glue to adhere strips of felt across the backside. This holds them together, but also allows flexibility and movement (thinking ahead for storage).
I then found silhouettes of the figures I wanted. I printed them up and cut them out. Next was to cut out these figures in fabrics and cloth. Once this was done, I glued them all to the wooden blind fabric covered background.
I went outside and found some sticks. I glued those on for the stable. I then added a way to hang it up. It is now the perfect fitting piece above my fireplace!

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper

• Theresa Adams
    Theresa Adams

Going to find my fabric now!!

• Stephanie Slack
    Stephanie Slack

I love this project! Very creative! Jesus is the reason for the season! ❤️

• Shawna
      Shawna

Even after making this like 6 years ago it holds up well and we hang it every year. I store it flat.