The Hometalk Team
The Hometalk Team
  • New York, NY

What Are The Top Ways To Clean A Dirty Stovetop?

Raise your hand if you want a sparkling clean stovetop that magically makes spills and stains disappear before the holidays. Yeah, us too! While we wait for that to be invented, got any stovetop cleaning tips to share with your fellow Hometalkers, as we cook up a storm this week?
Join the community discussion; tell us what kind of stovetop you have and how you keep it clean in the comments.
top ways to clean a dirty stovetop, appliances, cleaning tips, kitchen design

• Mabeline

I have an old white enamel okeefe and merritt with burn stains. Any suggestion to removing those?

• Cherie

@Linda Ward I use Barkeepers Friend on everything!!! Love this stuff!!! Follow directions as it can burn.

• Spo2322837

Best way to clean gas stovetop

• Drgoodie

I have a black Sears Kenmore gas cooktop. Immediately it developed water spots that nothing will erase. I have tried everything I can think of - long vinegar soaks, Dawn, Barkeepers Friend, stainless steel cleaner. They seem to be forever baked into the surface. Has anyone solved this problem or have a suggestion? For routine cleaning I sponge on Dawn soapy water and let it set for a few minutes. I sponge it off, rinsing the sponge after every swipe. I then dry it with a cloth or paper towels. I polish it with microfiber cloth. It can take 20 minutes to get it grease-free and streak-free. I will never own black appliances again. A photo of three of the water spots is attached.

• Betty Bradley

i boil a cup of water in my tea kettle. Grab a bunch of my used but still very useable paper towels. Then i pour boiling water over my stove top, and wipe up the water with my paper towels. This method instantly lifts up any hardened food spills. Its quick, easy, and sanitizes too.

• Sarahlu

easy off.