Chicken Wire Christmas Card Tree

I love receiving Christmas cards in the mail, and I have always wanted a unique way to display them. However, I'm also all about budget friendly! By using a few items that we already had collecting dust in the basement, my husband and I were able to create this Chicken Wire Christmas Card Tree for free in under two hours.
chicken wire christmas card tree, christmas decorations, seasonal holiday decor
The main supplies in this project are chicken wire fencing and sticks. We call them "tobacco sticks," but we use them for staking tomatoes. For securing the chicken wire, we used plastic zip ties, but a wire that bends easily can also be used. We also used plywood to make a sturdy base for the tree.
I like that this project can be customized. Cut the sticks short for a tabletop tree, or keep them long for a freestanding tree. Add ornaments or lights for a festive Christmas tree feel!
To make the tree, drill holes in the top and bottom of the sticks, as well as 4 holes in the circular base. Use plastic zip ties or wire to attach them together.
Attach chicken wire to the poles with zip ties or a staple gun.
Trim the bottom and top of the wire. Swirl garland around the tree, leaving spaces for the chicken wire to poke through. This will allow room for the mini clothes pins to attach to the cards and the wire.
Melanie E

• Debi S

Very cute. Thanks for the inspiration. Use what you have excess of. Can make it any size with the wire.

• Terry Trobaugh

I love it! Especially since the tree can be used in place of a regular tree! If you leave off the cards, put up lights and ornaments, it would make a darling short tree (wonderful for us senior apartment dwellers!) and wouldn't take up much room. You could make a smaller tabletop tree for cards.