Suzanne
Suzanne
  • Lexington, SC

No Sew Shower Curtain Valance In No Time!

Here is the finished shower curtain and valance. I couldn't find much on line about this so I thought I would share. It is SO easy and I think the height makes the bathroom feel larger and the shower curtain look custom.
no sew shower curtain valance in no time, bathroom ideas, how to, reupholster, Finished Project
Finished Project!
All you need is 2 matching or coordinating bought shower curtains. Mine are coordinating (not an exact match), a second matching tention shower curtain rod and hangers.
no sew shower curtain valance in no time, bathroom ideas, how to, reupholster, Needed Tools
Needed Tools
Because I don't sew, I use stich witch. I use it to hem pants too. All you need is an iron.
no sew shower curtain valance in no time, bathroom ideas, how to, reupholster, Ironing Board Used to The Make Hem
Ironing Board Used to The Make Hem
I cut the top of the shower curtain 15 inches from the top. Then folded a one inch hem. I ironed first to make sure it was staight and then put the stich witch inside the fold and ironed. That's it!
no sew shower curtain valance in no time, bathroom ideas, how to, reupholster, Second Tension Rod
Second Tension Rod
I put the tension rod where the valance would cover the top of the first shower curtain. Then used a second set of shower curtain hangers to hang the valance.
no sew shower curtain valance in no time, bathroom ideas, how to, reupholster, After
After
I also did this in my other bathroom and used the rest of the shower curtain fabric to make a no sew valance for the window.
Hope you can use this idea!
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 15, 2018 10:00 PM - More info

• Jco17774641

Would this work with a curved shower rod as well?

• Suzanne
      13 hours ago

You will need to hang another curved rod higher and a little further out than the one you have now

• Joy817175

Why not just buy curtain with valance,they use tomake them

• Low30911721

I did something very similar about 15 years ago, when I moved into an old house with high ceilings. I found a shower curtain I loved. I measured my curtain width for a topper and adding it to the bottom of my curtain to make it almost touch the floor then added 30" for sufficient gather. I measured the length to drop about 3" over the shower curtain, the circumference of my second rod adding an addition 2.5". With a quarter inch hem on top and bottom of the topper, enough room to slide the rod thru without it being too snug and sewing an inch down from the top to create the ruffle, I got the length. The bottom I measured the distance from the curtain almost to the floor added an inch to allow for the quarter inch hem, top and bottom, but foled over once the hem was a half inch each. It made the bathroom look so much more finished and even though I only spent about $15, not counting the shower curtain, it looked much more expensive.

• Patricia Burns

What's the purpose of this project ? Is it decorative or does the second rod serve for a purpose that I didn't notice?

• Esl20818530

It was an inspiring idea! But I went out and bought a cute burlap valance, another matching shower curtain rod and another set of rings. (Paid 12.99 for the valance) I purchased everything from Amazon and within 15 minutes of delivery to my door, I transformed my too short shower curtain. Thanks so much for the tip, it makes my tiny bathroom look more spacious.