Suzanne
Suzanne
  • Lexington, SC

No Sew Shower Curtain Valance In No Time!

Here is the finished shower curtain and valance. I couldn't find much on line about this so I thought I would share. It is SO easy and I think the height makes the bathroom feel larger and the shower curtain look custom.
Finished Project!
Finished Project!
All you need is 2 matching or coordinating bought shower curtains. Mine are coordinating (not an exact match), a second matching tention shower curtain rod and hangers.
Needed Tools
Needed Tools
Because I don't sew, I use stich witch. I use it to hem pants too. All you need is an iron.
Ironing Board Used to The Make Hem
Ironing Board Used to The Make Hem
I cut the top of the shower curtain 15 inches from the top. Then folded a one inch hem. I ironed first to make sure it was staight and then put the stich witch inside the fold and ironed. That's it!
Second Tension Rod
Second Tension Rod
I put the tension rod where the valance would cover the top of the first shower curtain. Then used a second set of shower curtain hangers to hang the valance.
After
After
I also did this in my other bathroom and used the rest of the shower curtain fabric to make a no sew valance for the window.
Hope you can use this idea!

• Jco17774641

Would this work with a curved shower rod as well?

• Suzanne

You will need to hang another curved rod higher and a little further out than the one you have now

• Joy817175

Why not just buy curtain with valance,they use tomake them

• Deb Sanders

Our 1935 Craftsman home has 10' ceilings. Can't find a shower curtain and valance that long. This is an excellent idea to cover that space. Love it!

• Patricia Burns

What's the purpose of this project ? Is it decorative or does the second rod serve for a purpose that I didn't notice?