Whimsical Owl Art | Create & Share Challenge

$20
1.5 Hours

I love a good challenge, and January's Create & Share presented that and more! We were partnered with GraphicStock, an online resource for stock images, and tasked with creating a home decor project using one of their images. I decided that since it was already pushing my creativity, I'd try my hand at something I don't regularly DIY: wall art.
This little owl piece is the very first addition to our in-progress nursery! Don't read too much into the blue colour scheme, though... No gender hints intended!
Using an image from Graphic Stock, I created a template for my felt owl. I cut the pieces using sharp craft scissors.
Once I was happy with my little owl, I moved on to painting the base of the picture: the cartoon-esque tree. I used shimmery blue cardstock and painted the tree with white and turquoise acrylic paint.
For more details on how I assembled my owl art (including a full list of materials, and links to the image I used!), and for more DIY ideas, please visit flourishandknot.com!

Graphic Stock is offering Hometalkers a 7 day free trial to download their images. Just Click here to sign up!

Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Sarah Burnell

1 comment