Armoire Gets a Facelift for Office of Busy Real Estate Agent

This armoire was beautiful but didn't have the look my client wanted for her new home office. I used a mix of paints, glazes, some distressing and waxes to give it the look she was after. Lighter, warmer, more her style.
"After" of previously dark stained armoire. This was a piece that was purchased 15 years ago, so I was not painting over great wood. It was a veneer over MDF.
Before of cabinet
I used chalk paint by Annie Sloan. It can really kick up some dust, so masks are required & a shop vac to clean up as I go.
Sanding blocks and small paint brushes to enhance crevices were used to achieve this look. I also used a "wash" over the entire piece to tea stain the paint to add more character.
Distressing, lining and glazes enhanced the pretty details of this piece. I applied 3 coats of wax over several days to seal and enhance the finish. I hand buffed it to a satin sheen.

• Deana

This is beautiful, you need an amazing job! Now, can you come to Canada and do the same kind of thing for me? LOL. Would you be willing to share more detailed instructions ofn how you accomplishe this fabulous look?

• Deana

I will follow you on FB, under the name Sahara Schindel who is my doggie alias. I cannot wait for the video.