How We Made Stepping Stone Walkway From Ice Cream Buckets.

We had already purchased molds from Lowe`s that made this pattern. We are using this pattern that will come off the back porch and out to our sitting area with burn pit and adding two hammock chairs.
We did not want everything to be matched, so we had to figure what kind of pattern we wanted.
My hubby is building A bigger shop, that is why everything is in the yard. In the process of cleaning out the old shed we had A lot of empty ice cream buckets and knew someday we would use them for something.
First step,,tear out old walkway.
Second step, cut of bottoms of ice cream buckets at about same distance for all and cover inside of mold with a film of oil so the concrete does not stick and mold will slide much easier.
Then lay them out in the pattern you want, fill with cement and let it cure enough so it will stay together when you take them out of mold, we just used the handles and pulled them off and it worked pretty good.
The next day we added sand between the blocks. They are pretty level, but we are going to let them sit for about two or three weeks and go back and level them out again.
This is what it looks like so far, I put in some shells, bits of glass etc. for A little color here and there.
I will post pics when it is all finished,, but all in all we love it.

18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs

• Mike Butler

Let me get this straight—you want us to spend $25 each on Amazon for square buckets??? And then cut the bottoms off so they can't be used for anything else?? No thanks!!

• Rita Hendricks

hey Mike... Quikrete makes a plastic mold called Walk Maker, I don't know how much it is, also you can find several concrete mold path makers on Amazon...... p.s. Who eats that much ice cream geeze!!

• Vickie

I couldn't possibly eat that much icecream in a lifetime! I like the purchased molds better!

• Shirley

We had the whole family saving empty ice cream buckets, and took about 6 months to get as many as you see. We also purchased molds, I like those too, just as easy to make and about the same set up time.

• Maa

Did you use pure cement or cement mixed with sand to fill the molds?

• Shirley

We used 80 lb. bags of quikrete from Lowes. No sand was added.