Asked on Jun 3, 2013

Pink Bathroom in Rented Apartment. What to Do?

DinaChr4787838SHARE
+89

This is my pink bathroom. The apartment is a rental, so I can't retile. What can I do to hide it or change its color?
Pink tile and builder grade vanity! Maroon accent tile!
It's a dried grout party in my bathroom, all over the walls!
  • Hugh Foshee

You can choose a shower curtain, and bathroom items that ignore the pink. I did this one time in a bathroom I could not paint and it was PINK! It turned out pretty well. Just look at shower curtains until you get an idea.....jfoshee

• 2ms2

We do have a white linen shower curtain now. That's about it. Any more ideas?

• Phil

Ok here is an idea? Try and take your eyes off of the tile, run to the nearest hobby store, or maybe Home Depot and purchase scrapbook stickers, or maybe wall décor. from Home Depot. There is always a way to make it pleasant.

• Phil

The wall décor would peel off right after you move.

• 2ms2

You mean removable wallpaper?

• Mary Insana

Pick another color that will overwhelm the pink. Possible combination, Navy Blue towels/a navy and cream throw rug, a printed Navy and cream shower or solid Navy. Shades of gray in a pink tiled bathroom would look good and neutral too. I don't know if the starched fabric clinging to the wall that can be peeled off later would hold up in a possibly steamy environment. You could try a small area with a remnant. I'm not sure of the starch/water ratio. I saw something about it here on Hometalk so you can do a search.

• 2ms2

Not sure I want to stick stuff to the tile. Could get messy. I am thinking bamboo. Like light wood and bamboo to balance the campy pink.

• Mary Insana

How would you attach the bamboo or wood to the walls?

• Barbara Thomas

I would be talking to my landlord about painting the tile. There's great paint for bathroom tiles. If you show him the improvement it would be to his property, I think he will work with you. Some landlords even reimburse you for supplies. Worth a try, then you could pick the neutral color you want and add accessories. Paint the towel rack and TP holder. From there the sky's the limit.

• Dianna Brown

How long are you planning on staying in this apartment? If your going to be there for some time there are some options that I wouldn't consider if your not staying for long. I agree talk to your landlord if they are approachable. I'm thinking that your bamboo has some potential. Clear silicone would work for attaching and would be removable in the end with some elbow grease and a putty knife or blade. We had that bathroom, we put bead board over the top with paneling adhesive. Then capped of the top with some molding...worked like a charm....but we own our home.

• Karen wesley

contact paper comes in lots of options. I have used it in my kitchen on the cabinets I can't paint. I've changed the pattern several times and have found no sticky glue left behind. If you do alcohol will remove the sticky glue. Just don't get the commercial grade.

• NeetX

PAINT the walls (and paint it back white when you move out)..... PAINT the wall in some color that compliments the pink OR distracts you from the tile and accent accordingly. How about taupe or gray?? OR, hold on to your hat, another shade of PINK - like fuchsia. You've got a window; there's another opportunity to add even more color. Changing the tile maybe too much work & who's gonna pay for it.... You landlord may or not be susceptible to expending funds for tile. And do YOU wanna spend the money? Though it's not your property?? Paint is easier, I think....

• 2ms2

I am trying to figure out why I hate the pink. Maybe pink is not so bad? It's not, say, 1970's avocado and brown. I just want to make this bathroom AWESOME. Bathrooms are small rooms that can really be fun. Maybe I could hang plants or something in the window? What could I do to blow the roof off and make this bathroom AWESOME?

• KMS Woodworks

Wow...I guess the rental options in the big apple must be pretty thin. Given option "a" apartment with pink tile vs. Option "B" apartment without pink tile...even if the rent was a bit more. You could just embrace it and join the "save the pink bathroom" club http://savethepinkbathrooms.com/

• 2ms2

Kevin, Brooklyn real estate is HOT. It is the new Manhattan, and my once crummy neighborhood is becoming the new hip place. Our apt is in a good building (meaning nobody pees in the elevator and they actually take out the trash). We got into our apartment at a good time. It has high ceilings, south facing windows that are shaded by a neighboring school and a big tree, and nice hardwood floors. So we're here for a while. I do want to spruce up the bathroom and the kitchen, which need some aesthetic help. But THANK G-D the plumbing works in both rooms!!!

• 2ms2

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas.

• Lori J

The tile would be more livable if it did not appear to have been very poorly patched at some point. I would approach the landlord to see if he or she is open to painting that tile. Honestly, it could not do anything but improve the property.

• 2ms2

I need a clarification about a response: What would I paint the tile with?

• 2ms2

What kind of paint is right for painting tile? It must be something very specific.

• Nancy May

why not just play up the pink add pink florai prints and shower curtain with accent color in rugs and accesories purple or mint green would be best

• Milan Jara

You could do a double sided tape and use Aluminum tile. (I never thought I would recommend this but this way you can take it off easy) You will have to seal the seems so that the water does not get behind it.

• Marilyn Walsh

There is paint for tile. We sold a home in KC to move to Arizona and this was exactly what it had in my new husbands home. Our painter did it in a jiffy as he would have had to done had I stayed there, it was OMG PINK....HA HA HA

• Jessica Dunbar

Apartment living makes us very creative at bringing in our style while hidng the parts we can't change. I agree the person doing the patch needs a little less caulk or grout. But that is an easy fix pick up a tile cleaner and ask at Lowe's or HD for something to clean up the excess. Then I say consider going with a theme like some pink flamingos in your tropical bathroom. Some things you just have to live with but ignore what you can't change and add your style.

• Marci

I love pink and black together. I say embrace the pink and make it sophisticated by using a black patterned shower curtain and antique-ish accents

• 2ms2

@Marci I like that idea. When you say "antiqueish accents", what do you mean? Like change the faucets to something that looks antique?

• Debby Boyle

They sell paint for the tile. I had red and I painted it sage green. It is easy & washes great. Go to Michaels or Menards.

• Lisa R

I had a pink and black bathroom in my old apartment. We put up black background wallpaper wih smaller pink flowers--and changed out the fixures to make it look more victorian.

• 2ms2

@Debby Boyle It is a craft paint?

• Michelle Sloan

I agree with Barbara...I say ask your landlord about a discount on rent if you do the work and paint the tile, etc. It is an improvement to his property. If he won't go for it, then I would pick a chocolate color or something to calm it down. Ask if he will let you paint the walls a fresh white, it will look clean, etc. then add chocolate curtains, towels, etc.

• 2ms2

@Connie Nikiforoff Designs Thank you for explaining what I need for painting tile. How do I prep the tiles before applying the bonding primer? If all it is would be a regular paint prep, primer, and eggshell paint, this could be easier than I thought.

• 2ms2

@Connie Nikiforoff Designs My floor is a different, newer pink tile. It looks a little like stone. It is not bad. I wouldn't touch it. The tub is pink, and I have already a very nice white linen shower curtain hanging there, which I would keep. So it would be pink tub, pink floor, white tile, white walls.

• Signe Knudsen

Maybe you could put in some of the wire curtain holders that Ieka sells, running them from corner to corner. From them you could hang material or even neat shower curtains that would hang from the top of the wall to the floor, covering everything. Or you could hang them at the top of the tile to the floor. . . . Here is the link for the wire curtain holders: [http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=ikea+wire+curtain+rod&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=19841524290&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=s&hvrand=1407727573694147611&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_yx78qj5n2_b],

• 2ms2

That is actually a good idea. It's definitely removable, and would give the bathroom a light, airy look. I think this idea might be the winner.

• 2ms2

• Sfg178760

Okay...I love the retro pink tiles. I myself Have a 1964 pink bathroom (pink tiles in the shower, with pink sinks, toilet and bath and white tiles on the rest of the walls)! I love it! But I know not all people do! With that said, I do not think the pink tiles are the problem...I think the landlords have not kept the place up AT ALL. Besides the curtain idea...which I like. I am not sure how you will change the color of the pink tile. I love the pink/orange combo...and if you paint the walls above the tile a bold color (but in the same shade at the pink...light a light orange) http://www.bhg.com/bathroom/color-schemes/colors/bathroom-color-ideas/?sssdmh=dm17.541467&esrc=nwhi080411&email=3507194735#page=15 hat looks good with the pink...maybe the pink will not stand out as much. Have a towel that matches the painted color on the wall on the towel rack and some other decor pieces in that color too! Pink & Turquoise is nice! http://www.thedesignfile.net/thedesignfile/2010/06/a-trend-for-summer-bright-wall-paint.html Even Black...but if the room is not bright...that will make the room darker. Pink & Lime Green is fun too.https://www.etsy.com/listing/122663433/hot-pink-lime-green-paper-garland?ref=sr_gallery_7&ga_search_query=Pink+and+Lime+Green&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=Pink+and+Lime+Green&ga_view_type=gallery Red, Pink and the black may look great too (http://www.housebeautiful.com/decorating/colors/what-goes-with-pink-0311#slide-1 Here is a different idea completely from Apartment Therapy (great site) http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/question-answer-2-77888 Good luck! Our Own Big World! https://www.etsy.com/shop/OurOwnBigWorld

• 2ms2

I agree, @My Gnome Little World . The problem is really the grout all over the tiles, not the pink tiles. If I could clean the grout off the tiles and make them nicer, then it would be a better room. Or I could just cover them with curtains.

• Sfg178760

You can clean the grout...not sure how but search online and you will find out how! Nice/cool/funky art/decor on the wall and on the window sill too, may take attention away from the pink tiles and/or bad construction! That is one industrial toilet, by the way! o)

• 2ms2

• Donna Beck

I would attach a 2x2 it the top and 1x2 at the bottom. The bottom board id simply use a small amount of glue to attach to the tile then i would place breadboard over the entire thing. You can paint the bead board any color you like! :)

• 2ms2

I could glue beadboard to the tile in a bathroom that gets pretty humid and it would stay? What kind of glue?

• Debby Boyle

It is. But it is made for tile. I got mine at Michaels and it was easy to use. You just lightly sand the tile and then brush on a condictioner & then the paint. It is in small bottles so I would check at menards. My tiles were a strip of small tile along the top of the bigger tile like the solid black in your bathroom wall. I have had it 14 years and it is the same as when I put it on. It is washable and looks like glass tile when your done. I was so happy to do something with the ugly tile. I'm sure Menards would have a product that you could roll on since you have so much tile to do. Let me know how it go's & good luck!!!

• Marci

Since it's a rental I wouldn't spend money on permanent fixtures- I mean accessories like soap dispenser.I bought a pretty black shower curtain at Walmart that has silver and taupe fleur de lis decorations on it.The look is really classy.Is that a heater behind the toilet?If it isn't I would buy a curtain that slightly covers it.How about black throw rugs? If I didn't live so far away in Oregon I would come over and help- I LOVE decorating on a budget and making a room look great for less money. I love pink and black together and lived in a rental with the exact tiles

• Maureen Hastie

A little more expensive, but you can get the whole tub and surround installed, clean the grout on the other tiles and get a over the toilet shelf to hide the ugly plumbing and you wouldn't see so much tile! I can check to find you the name of places that cover the tub and the wall behind! You can also paint the tile with malamine paint, I have done it to several apartments since I was a property manager! Really quick fix, re-caulk all the caulking and viola you have a new bathroom! Talk to the landlord first since you need their approval to do any changes! Heck, you might get lucky and he might even cover all or some of the cost?? Good Luck!

• Cordelia comer

I am not sure if you are allowed to paint the tiles as it is a rental and very likely hard to reverse. The pink tiles are actually tres chic. And mid-century modern is very now. I would fully embrace that theme and if you google mid-century you will find tons of cool sites and ideas to help you. And yes pink and black or grey are great together! A lot of cool accessories can be found in thrift stores, yard sales and Habitat for Humanity if you go with that theme.

• Tammy Brenner

Your in a rental so you want to love it while you live there so why fight the pink tile. If you can paint go and buy a stencil or make one and paint big black flowers on the walls or a Demask design. Buy a really cute black & white shower curtain maybe with same design of big flowers or better yet take the design from your shower curtain and make a stencil from it for your walls. Add a black shelf & black vase with some very pretty pink flowers. Buy a cheap picture frame from walmart for $5.00 and go out and take a picture of a beautiful pink flower and hang above the towel rack. Hang some nice black towels on towel rack and tie some cute pink ribbon or raffi around them and hot glue a big pink flower to front. You won't be able to use them but they sure will look cute. I hope you can see my vision because I can image that rental bathroom adorable. A black throw rug would be nice too. I can't see how big the bathroom is from the picture's. I love flowers but you could also do a cute Paris theme, Demask or ?? You could also add a touch of green. So many things you just want to tone down the pink & not spend that much. I see around $50.00 to $60.00 with the ideas. Check out Black shower curtains they have some super cute ones for around $20.00. I love the ones with a big design to draw away from the pink. Hope this helps or at least gets your mind on a roll. Post picture's when your done I'd like to see. :) P.s horrible picture but just 19.88 at walmart and it's the general idea.

q pink bathroom in rented apartment what to do, bathroom ideas, home decor, tiling, Shower cutain
  • Nancee Barnett

The beadboard idea sounds the best, but I would use heavy duty velcro tape to stick it on and caulk around the edges so water doesn't go behind. When u are ready to move it comes right off the wall. The cauld might need a single edge razor to scrape, but nothing left behind.

• Nancy Blue Moon

I guess I can't help much..I love the pink tile..lol..

• Paint the tile. Not a lot of money and easy to do.

• A1tec service

well jif you dont own it you make change could jet the boot for making changing you need to get it in writing from your landlord before you make a move. then agreement with them on the color or ask them to go half on the replacement of the tile more likely they mit the cost to retile 2,3 thousand contractor do your self will be about 400 to 900 . i saw were someone say paint over that doesnt last but depend on the kind of tile

• Sherrie

I love the pink tile. I would paint the brown tile. Because pink is retro. And then I would clean up the grout lines. The brown tile could be painted pink or white, I would then smooth out the drywall with mud. In places that age they used nails instead of screws I would also bang them gently and re-mud. Then I would re-mud the walls and re-paint. I did this for my Mom's house and it changed the whole room.

• Tami E

google search tile adhesive decals. There are so many different ones out there now. you just peel and stick without breaking a sweat!

• Gail Salminen

@ I am sure I saw a post on here where a member used bamboo to cover kitchen tiles in her rental. i believe Lowes carries a bamboo fencing that could be cut to size, but it might be cheaper to use a bamboo curtain. Easily cut to fit the areas you want covered and painted if you like to a colour you prefer. You could attach with velcro or staple to the wall and baseboard. You may also be able to adhere some wallpaper to the tile, but would need to do a test strip to be sure. If textured it can then be painted in your colour of choice. Do let us know what you do and post a pic, we'd all love to see :)

• Tija

I went with it...I hated the pink tile at my rental house. I put wainscott halfway up ( or so) and painted the lower half dill green, the upper the palest white/pink....I put in lots of black accents and nice pics to compliment....peridot throw rugs...I love it now!!!

• Marilynne Rowland

Chaya, our first house had a pink and black bathroom so I know what you are going through. I found a fabulous cheap remnant at a high end fabric store that had multiple colors in it including the black and pink from which I made the shower curtain and window valance. I used gray accents which was in the fabric was well for the rugs and towels and wall color. When we sold our house years later, the new owners REQUESTED that we leave the curtains!! No one ever saw that the room was pink due to that fabric!!

• KMS Woodworks

There are some companies that specialize in painting tile and old tubs. I have used "miracle method" http://www.miraclemethod.com/ceramic-tile-refinishing.htm They have these paints that are "granite" looking As far as Glue for a humid areas a polyurethane based one would work...however if this is applied to the tile there is no going back as it is pretty impossible to get this type of glue off of anything.

• Jeanette S

The secret to good decorating is making what you have work! Keep in mind that white with pink and black is a classic combination. Put up a white shower curtain; use a second rod to put up a white valance. This will close off a lot of the pink Landlords do not like for renters to paint because not everyone is careful with paint. (A friend of mine painted and got big blobs on the natural wood door facings!) Picture frames painted white with white board inside can be used to attach a small shelf and all sorts of things. This will add a lot of white to the room. Put up a dowel painted white as a towel rack and hang several big fluffy white towels to cover more of the pink. It can be made to be very pretty if you work at it. If you are not a careful painter, you might offer to pay to have someone paint the top part of the walls white. Get permission from the owner and have them sign off on acceptance when completed.

• 2ms2

OK! OMG you guys are amazing. I work for this site so I am biased, but truly seeing this community grow so much is making me so happy! I remember 2 years ago asking questions and getting not too many responses, and now I am getting so much help that I need to sift through it all to consider my options. Hometalkers are so cool!

• 2ms2

SO I THINK I HAVE A PLAN. Basically, I don't want to do anything that the landlord would object to. We love our apartment and so far the landlord has been OK, so I don't want to mess with it. I am going to go the decorating route. I LOVE the mid-century modern idea. I also love the idea of adding tons of white to the room. I will post photos when I have done some work. THANK YOU ALL!

• Jen Z

Chaya K, how about Paris themed bathroom. Pink & Black and White bathroom would look awesome. Do you have a Home Goods near you or a Marshalls or TJMaxx. You can look for great accessories at those stores. I would embrace the pink and just go with it. Make it a awesome pink, white, black bathroom. I would keep the upper walls white though and get a white shower curtain to close off all that pink in the tub area. Maybe a low piece behind the toilet to hide some of the tile there too (it could be black or white). You know those behind the toilet storage pieces I'm talking about. But a low one. It could be a shelf for other things or some storage even. I think I found a great piece for your toilet area. Hope you like the idea. http://www.target.com/p/smart-space-over-toilet-etagere-white/-/A-14557990?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C14557990&CPNG=Furniture&kpid=14557990&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14557990 It will hide some of the tile and give you storage. Here is a great blog post with some great ideas and the paint you can use to paint the tile if your landlord let you. http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2013/04/solutions-for-renters-bathrooms/ Good luck and I'm sure you will make it look great. Also get some pretty art that is Paris themed. I really think it will look awesome when you are done. :)

• Frankie Laney

I'm reading all the suggestions and I think some might think that your tiles are pink and black. I have the same tiles in one of my baths. It's pink and maroon, I tried black with it and it just doesn't work for me. I went with a big maroon rug and white & chrome accessories. I would find a shelf unit that could be made to fit behind the toilet and clean up the tile you have. It will work once you get started. Good luck.

• 2ms2

They are pink and maroon. Pink and black would be cute! I like the shelf idea behind the toilet!

• Karen boyd

Hi, if you will go to pinterest, look up my boards, see the board ' PAINT' There is an EXCELLENT tutorial on Just how to paint tiles professionally. But I would caution you, since you are in a rental, I would get permission first, (in writing) so as not to lose your deposit, or worse, your lease!

• 2ms2

Right. I am going the decor route rather than the paint route.

• Margaret

Also, I found a picture-had pink in it, but, just enough....and a poster...pink and green...You can decorate instead of paint and/or rip out tiles...I am sure that would be a definite Negatory with landlord. :)

• Diane Ditzler

This looks EXACTLY like the bathroom in a home we bought recently. I wanted to use the pink & black tile & just paint the rest of the wall, & decorate to 'enjoy' the pink(?) Anyway..my husband said NO!! So, we began to 'rip out' the 'tiles'.THEY ARE ACTUALLY PLASTIC!! Double check yours good! Ask the landlord if you can paint them, should be pretty easy if they are plastic..of course you need the correct paint..ask at your paint store.

• Kathy Jones

you can adhere fabric to the wall using liquid laundry starch. Saturate the fabric with the starch, squeeze out excess and smooth to wall. Will stick untill you pull it off and dosnt leave a residue on wall that has to be cleaned off.

• Susan Cryor

glad you have embraced the pink.....Walmart sells stick on wall decorations in colors. After painting ( not finished ) bt hand with metallic silver paint....I found those stick on ones. I love the look in the powder room I am painting so much, I got the silver stick ons for a bath upstairs...yes, they come in black just for you. The idea is to draw focus to something you like. I bought the queen Ann's lace flowers that came with dragon flyes...another pkg I bought had humming birds.....beats painting birds by hand! They stick in and are easily removed. But in your photo...looks like they patched/replaced some of the pink tiles. Perhaps your landlord might consider gently approaching the subject with him.....it is a rental....how long do you anticipate living there? If a long time, then go ahead and make the changes, perhaps he would allow it, with a free Monty's rent...nothing tried, nothing gained

• Pamela Walker

You could use black contact paper (shelf paper) they sell it at Home Depot. Just cut squares and go over the maroon tiles to do the Paris theme suggested. Easy to do, you can clean it and it comes off when you want.

• 2ms2

GUESS WHAT?! I emailed my land lord to ask permission to paint the tile. I'll let you know if he approves!

• Susie

@ You might find he is actually quite pleased to have you offer to update if it doesn't cost him anything!! My landlord doesnt want to spend money but lets me do stuff as he wants it to look its best so they can rent again - so no weird stuff...Im sure if you give him some ideas he may approve...good luck

• Marilyn Walsh

Well, duh, of course you would ask and I'll bet he would be glad to be rid of it also...!!!

• Wanda

the tile decals are a great idea. This is just one example, but you could easily use this design to cover up the some of the marroon. Looks like you can even choose which color you want. http://www.etsy.com/listing/124073672/kitchen-bathroom-tiles-decoration-vinyl?ref=market

• Pat

Ask at a paint store for a primer to use on tile....we painted our pink tile about 8 years ago and still looks good....got our info and paint at Lowes. Painted our tile white.

• Kathy Bornhoft

My mom has the pink problem in her bathroom also, so we went total SHABBY CHIC in that room. We left the pink, and painted the walls a crisp white. She also had brown tile going on in there. It looks cute and vintage. Hope that helps!

• Barbara

Maybe contact paper over the tiles should be easy enough to pull when you move.

• Helen Mays

I would tame down the pink by complementing it with a soft apple green. Green plants, green towels, and crisp white accessories. Pink and green is a nice look. Very feminine.

• Marianne

@I agree with Helen. I was trying to think of a complementary color and she nailed it. Soft apple green would look terrific.

• Cyndi

There is removable wall paper and tiles that you can purchase. Some of them you can buy white and paint the color that you want. Just tape your walls to make sure it's neat before painting. Then when you move you peel off the tiles and don't have to repaint anything.

• Pat

I would clean the grout...ask at a hardware/paint store and they call tell you what to use. I would paint the upper part of the wall white, get maroon towels and throw rug for the floor and a white curtain (maybe trimmed with maroon ribbon...sewed on by yourself) and a white shower curtain (could even trim that with maroon also) .... I would put a shelf (painted white) over your stool....about even with the sink. That will provide a place for your pretties and will hide the pipe for the stool. I had a pink bathroom and I painted the tiles white but since this is a rental, you probably wouldn't want to do that.

• Lisa

Can in ask where this apartment is? It looks about identical to the one I grew up in Astoria, NY - email me if it is in Astoria please! Darkmstf@yahoo.com. Brought back so punch amazing memories. Was my grandfather's apt since early 60s til late 80s.

• Sharlene clair

We had a home with the original salmon pink tile. Yuc. There is a glossy surface primer that we painted over the tiles. The trick is to really really let this dry very well longer than what the instructions say. I would suggest one coat a day or every other day (3 coats) before you finally paint your tiles. I had went with a light beige and painted right over grout and all. Hung a wallpaper for where the bottom edge was not straight, leaves on trees hanging. I cut some of the leaves out of additional border and sporadically glued them on tiles. New floor and vanity. When we moved, that is the room I miss the most!!

• Pamela Slivkoff Bennett

Sounds like something I could do to my bathroom. We too have the pink and maroon old tiles. I'm getting ready to paint three walls a medium/light gray, Celiling white, and I bought wallpaper from Target on line that looks like pallet pieces in grays and whites for one wall. The tiles are ugly and outside the shower, in real bad shape! Could you please tell me what and where you purchased the primer you used? Also, I would love to see your end result if you happen to have an old pic! Thanks in advance!

• Rose Frickson

I personally love this bathroom. My suggestions if you can't paint is use colors like black, gray or teal. Even a combination of 3 colors including the pink. Black wound really tone it down. Accents in the third least predominate color.

• Pamela Slivkoff Bennett

I have pink and maroon 50s in my rented house in Los Angeles, I have tried so many colors and FINALLY saw what Grey looks like with this color on Pinterest! Many beautiful ideas! Paint walls with your favorite grey(s), clean grout, clean mess where someone painted and got it on the tile, re-caulk. Then accent with a bit of pink, a bit of Maroon and then white or black. Good luck!

• Lyn2398900

Boy you'd better get the landlords permission to do anything to the apt. I agree with the couple others, work with the color. You'll be so popular with your friends as being creative.

• Janie

Glad to see this, my duplex bath is almost identical! Worse than yours is that where your sheetrock is painted, giving you options, mine is plastic fake tile sheets. No option to paint. I thought of getting some wall decals to cover it, but the lines in it make that impossible.

• Sharlene clair

The glossy service primer just takes so long to dry. I would allow it 3 days to dry. It's very very tacky. Better safe.

• Sharlene clair

Tons of photo below.

• SHARE

You can always use contact paper to cover up the tiles. The come off very easy when its time to move and you just have to scrub them down to get them back to there orginal. Try it on a small wall to see if you like it.

• Chr4787838

Embraces it. Just read an article that pink tiled bathroom are very retro. Buy some white towels and accessories. To tie it all together find some trim to match the darker trim and silk flowers to match all the colors in your bathroom.

• Dina

I feel your pain! I lived in a few NYC rentals - all with pink tiled baths. The last one was peach/black. And when I moved to suburbia, my house was yellow/black! Lol. I covered the walls in the pink baths with marbelized paper. It's now available thru Amazin as photo backdrop paper. Spray with repositional adhesive ON THE PAPER, not the walls. I'd give the vanity and mirror a quick paint job.