How to Temporary Repair Your Vertical Blinds With a Flat Head Screwdri

My Vertical Blinds are always breaking. So one day I found a way to temporary fix them by using a flat head screwdriver. I take the screwdriver and heat it up on the stove allowing it to melt a hole through the blind for a quick fix.
how to temporary repair your vertical blinds with a flat head screwdr, home maintenance repairs, how to, window treatments, windows
How to temporary repair your Vertical Blinds with a flat head screwdriver.
Fold the blind placing both ends together.
Take your flat head screwdriver and heated up on your stove until it gets real hot.
Push the hot screwdriver through both blinds using the broking blind as a guide.
Now you created a new hole to the bottom part of your blind.
Now the bottom part of the blind is the one you going to hang up.
Just a quick temporary fix till you go and buy one.
Done :)

• Kathy Baker

Super idea, but what do u do when the little plastic piece u attach the blind to breaks? Any ideas?

• Moon510

where did you get the extra vinyl you put behind the broken vinyl?

• Treia Stitzer

Duh it was the bottom of the same panel. Read the directions again. I’m not the person that did this, just another person like you but couldn’t resist answering your question

• Beverly Parrott

This is similar what I did years ago. To expensive to change out. I just put the repaired one on an end that know one sees because I pull my curtains back. Good idea.

• John MacDonald

They do sell little metal clips on Amazon specifically designed for this problem and will give your vertical blinds many more years of useful life.

• Sherry Katilus

I use the plastic tie that comes on bread