Bibi Sweet67
Bibi Sweet67
  • Boston, MA

How to Temporary Repair Your Vertical Blinds With a Flat Head Screwdri

My Vertical Blinds are always breaking. So one day I found a way to temporary fix them by using a flat head screwdriver. I take the screwdriver and heat it up on the stove allowing it to melt a hole through the blind for a quick fix.
How to temporary repair your Vertical Blinds with a flat head screwdriver.
Fold the blind placing both ends together.
Take your flat head screwdriver and heated up on your stove until it gets real hot.
Push the hot screwdriver through both blinds using the broking blind as a guide.
Now you created a new hole to the bottom part of your blind.
Now the bottom part of the blind is the one you going to hang up.
Just a quick temporary fix till you go and buy one.
Done :)

• Moon510

where did you get the extra vinyl you put behind the broken vinyl?

• Beverly Parrott

This is similar what I did years ago. To expensive to change out. I just put the repaired one on an end that know one sees because I pull my curtains back. Good idea.
  • Karen

What about the hole that is on the bottom now?

• Sparkle Kpadeh

I just put some white dollar tree duct tape over the broken piece at the top and used scissors to remake the hole.

• Cindy Shoaf

Clever idea!

• Michelle

I have had to repair several in my day and I've just used a durable clear tape. Just covering the hole on both sides, Example... take a piece of package shipping tape cut 4-5" length and go from the bottom of the back hole over the top of the blind to the bottom of the hole on the front.. or whatever works for you. Its discreet and works great