Mantel Headboard

$35

My daughter and her husband bought a new house. They are just starting out, so they are still trying to get the house decorated. Below is their bed needing a headboard to finish the look.
Below is what she wanted but with a mantel style headboard.
I painted top and side panels to look like a fireplace.
An old fireplace!
I made a tufted insert for the center of the "fireplace".
This is the back.
This is the front.
This is their bed now.
I put a 2x8 for the mantel with corbels I made from legs from an old table. I had the pic of the chandelier printed on engineer paper for about $10 and made a frame. It's 3 feet by 4 feet.
She loves it! That's all that matters. Plus, I was able to use mostly scraps on hand so it didn't cost much. $10 for the print, $5 for buttons, $7 for material, $13 for foam. Total $35
12/25/2016 Update: I had been looking for nightstands. I found these two small dressers on craigslist. They were painted a copper/brown with mirrors on all sides. Wow does it brighten up the room. I repainted them black. In this picture you can't see the black of the headboard but the black nightstands really bring it together. Now we are looking for tall lamps. I'm thinking something simple with a mercury glass base.

Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids

• Haley Abreu Kling

Great ideas to upgrade bedroom/walls but growing up with Earthquakes, anything over a headboard (heavier than a scarf) is a safety hazard.

• Ty

WOW THIS IS AMAZING 👌🏽😍