Mantel Headboard

$35

My daughter and her husband bought a new house. They are just starting out, so they are still trying to get the house decorated. Below is their bed needing a headboard to finish the look.
Below is what she wanted but with a mantel style headboard.
I painted top and side panels to look like a fireplace.
An old fireplace!
I made a tufted insert for the center of the "fireplace".
This is the back.
This is the front.
This is their bed now.
I put a 2x8 for the mantel with corbels I made from legs from an old table. I had the pic of the chandelier printed on engineer paper for about $10 and made a frame. It's 3 feet by 4 feet.
She loves it! That's all that matters. Plus, I was able to use mostly scraps on hand so it didn't cost much. $10 for the print, $5 for buttons, $7 for material, $13 for foam. Total $35
12/25/2016 Update: I had been looking for nightstands. I found these two small dressers on craigslist. They were painted a copper/brown with mirrors on all sides. Wow does it brighten up the room. I repainted them black. In this picture you can't see the black of the headboard but the black nightstands really bring it together. Now we are looking for tall lamps. I'm thinking something simple with a mercury glass base.

15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas

• Haley Abreu Kling

Great ideas to upgrade bedroom/walls but growing up with Earthquakes, anything over a headboard (heavier than a scarf) is a safety hazard.

• Ty

WOW THIS IS AMAZING 👌🏽😍