Mantel Headboard

$35

My daughter and her husband bought a new house. They are just starting out, so they are still trying to get the house decorated. Below is their bed needing a headboard to finish the look.
Below is what she wanted but with a mantel style headboard.
I painted top and side panels to look like a fireplace.
An old fireplace!
I made a tufted insert for the center of the "fireplace".
This is the back.
This is the front.
This is their bed now.
I put a 2x8 for the mantel with corbels I made from legs from an old table. I had the pic of the chandelier printed on engineer paper for about $10 and made a frame. It's 3 feet by 4 feet.
She loves it! That's all that matters. Plus, I was able to use mostly scraps on hand so it didn't cost much. $10 for the print, $5 for buttons, $7 for material, $13 for foam. Total $35
12/25/2016 Update: I had been looking for nightstands. I found these two small dressers on craigslist. They were painted a copper/brown with mirrors on all sides. Wow does it brighten up the room. I repainted them black. In this picture you can't see the black of the headboard but the black nightstands really bring it together. Now we are looking for tall lamps. I'm thinking something simple with a mercury glass base.

Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants