DIY Vintage Doily Cloche Covers

Colorful, vintage doilies are transformed into gorgeous cloche covers for your upcoming summer picnics and BBQs!
Check out my original post for my secret tips and tricks for this project!
Gorgeous, colorful crocheted doilies are often tucked away in drawers, closets, and attics because no one knows what to do with them- but this is an idea that anyone can do. And the end result is simply stunning!
Using fabric stiffener and a clever method to make everything even and straight, you can very easily DIY your own cloche covers for plates and bowls!

My full tutorial tells you my secret "spinning" method!
And if you add some fine mesh netting underneath, they'll even be bug-proof- how perfect would that be??
And, you can easily add knobs to your finished cloche covers using drawer pulls! I used wooden ones that I painted to match, but cut glass knobs from a boutique store would be gorgeous, as well.
And there you have it! These would be just wonderful for a bridal shower brunch... your mother's or grandmother's birthday... or even a casual lunch at home that you just want to add feminine flair to.
So, what do you think? I hope you love them as much as I do! Happy Summer!!

• Vintage doilies  (Thrift/Antiques shops, Etsy)
  • Fabric stiffener  (Amazon.com or craft store)
  • Knob/Pull  (Amazon.com, craft store, home decor boutique)

30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Sadie Seasongoods

• Jewell Fox
    Jewell Fox

Could you use spray starch?

• Sharon Seiber
      Sharon Seiber

They are SO pretty! I have a lamp that needs a shade and am going to use this as my answer! I will use a small led bulb.

• Deborah E. Woodring
    Deborah E. Woodring

What type of starch do you use?

• Vicky
    Vicky

This is awsome. I have several made by my family n I had just recently later one on top of a lamp that sits on my dressing table. I really liked it n thought it sure looked better than the old shade that was on it. I turned the light on that evening , but I quickly removed it , scared it would catch fire. I had placed it back a coup days in a row , however it's removed now to afraid it will be forgotten n get to hot. That brings me to my question

I'd like to ask what u think ? What to use same product stiffy u spoke of?

Thank you for sharing

Groovy

Aka

Gg

• Laura Murphy
    Laura Murphy

Thanks will try it ❤️

• Elise
    Elise

Beautiful! I want to do this. Is there a coating to put over it so it is easy to dust or does your process handle that?

• Lois
      Lois

I would suggest an air blower like those used for computer keyboards & electronics.