How can I hang our bathroom scale on the wall for storage?

Anne Barrows HernandezJoel SchwarzeSjb8090091
+21

I'm looking for creative ways to hang our bathroom scale on the wall of our tiny bathroom, for out of the way storage, but easy access.
  • Elizabeth Dugaro West

depending on the type of scale

• Tmo199680

It's a flat scale, roughly 14" square and about 3" thick.

• Dee W

How about a magazine rack behind the door?

• Tmo199680

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas. I do like the basket you sent the link for, Becky. That's the best solution I've seen yet.

• Z

There are many other baskets/bins out there tmor, but that was the first I found that fit the size so well. I saw wood and wicker too but didn't take time to search more sizes once I found this one. It would be fairly easy to make one out of wood. HoDe or Ls will cut the wood to size for you if you don't have the means to do so at home. They also carry many different wall brackets if you just want t set it on them.

• Sia@South 47th

How about using a Pallet? They are free and you can take them apart, use them as a 'background' to attach the scale to, then use some of the Pallet to attach a shelf to the bottom? You can paint them to match or accent your decor, or leave them as is. ;)

• Gail Salminen

There is a post on here that shows a shelf built over the door entry - looked amazing, could also be used to store the scale when not in use. Here is an example of what HD has available

q how can i hang our bathroom scale on the wall for storage, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips, home decor, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, wall decor
  • Sia@South 47th

@Gail Salminen Wow that is very upscale and you're right...Amazing! I bet it wouldn't be that expensive to do either!

• Barbara Thomas

Isn't there room under your sink or inside the sink cabinet? I have my scale in the kitchen where there's more room and I don't have to move it around. Just an idea.

• Pat

Mine is in the laundry room, tucked into a corner..out of the way.

• Frankie Laney

How about one of those magazine racks that attach to walls? I like this one, it could be attached in an out of the way spot.

• Z

@Frankie, I posted a link to another wall basket above, but where did you find this one? I like it too.

• Designs by BSB

Why not just do a small shelf? Picture a plate shelf .. granted it wont fit in those grooves, but you could use a little small piece of trim or simple 1x to hold it as it tilts against the wall :-)

• Z

Thank you Frankie. I think this would work great at the back door for mail. Right now I have a flat basket on a cabinet, which I like, but this is just so cute! Not a bad price either. Thanks! ♥ We even have a Pottery Barn in near by Omaha. I've always wanted to go, but never have.

• Cindy

you have a cabinet sink...get an org. riser and put on that or tuck it in sideways...that is what I do...or keep it in your bedroom under something...it doesn't have to be in the bathroom? I don't like the ideas of displaying it on the wall...unless u have a really nice one....really!

• Tmo199680

Thank you all for the great ideas!

• Cheri Comer

Magazine rack mounted on the wall.

• Michael Maloney

I think a nice little rack or shelve would be just nice for the bathroom scale. Furthermore, that would give you additional storage space for you to store other accessories at the same time. In a small area, always try to maximize space as much as possible. One way is the wall space which is a good avenue to utilize and create as much space as possible there.

• Brenda Kingston

I have a little step stool which holds a magazine basket. I slide ours underneath

• Sjb8090091

attach a magazine holder to the wall(under the sink ? inside cabinet door? ) then slide it in and out when needed.

• Joel Schwarze

Timorus. Check Amazon under bathroom scale storage bracket. The solution is there.

• Anne Barrows Hernandez

file pockets from the office supply section