Pamela F
Pamela F
  • Hinesville, GA
Asked on Jun 9, 2012

Our Duplex Remodel In & Out

KateLizLisa House
+12

At the time, I really didn't like our 1979 duplex when we went to see it with the realtor as it was too plain and boring. But, my husband said that we could fix it up and make it our home. So, I agreed and this is the before and after. A few years later, my neighbor wanted to paint her half green and red and I begged her to coordinate her choice of colors with ours to increase our property value and so she did. That is why the colors are a bit off but better than green and red, lol!
Duplex Exterior Before
Duplex Exterior Before
Duplex Exterior After (the gardens have changed since)
Horrible linoleum & carpet in the nook
Horrible linoleum & carpet in the nook
Old cabinets, countertops & appliances
Old cabinets, countertops & appliances
Had the floors tiled
Had the floors tiled
1st attempt...all new appliances with second hand cooktop stove
q our duplex remodel in amp out, doors, home decor, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, tiling
Added a lazy susan...LOVE IT!
Added a lazy susan...LOVE IT!
Added knobs & backsplash
Added knobs & backsplash
Added tiles on the wall
Added tiles on the wall
Finally a new cooktop stove
Finally a new cooktop stove
Old guest bath with linoleum floors same as what was in the old kitchen
New guest bath with tiled floors...but we since changed the faucet to Pfister popup drain system
Old masterbath
Old masterbath
New masterbath
New masterbath
Picture wall...small project lol
Picture wall...small project lol
Knocked out wall and converted patio to diningroom , put up a wall with french doors with built in blinds
My twins set the table lol
My twins set the table lol
Added hardwood floor styled linoleum
Added hardwood floor styled linoleum
  • Kathy R

nice job!

• Pamela F

Thank you!

• Miriam I

Pamela, great job on everything! Sounds like a lot of love and care went into it. Good call on the color coordination, too!

• Susan S

I don't see how this is a duplex - where's the other door?? Wow - what an awesome job you all have done! Ditto on the colors!! Thank goodness your close neighbor saw the wisdom of keeping your facade in more subtle complimentary colors too!! You must be very proud, and rightfully so!!

• Pamela F

Thanks Miriam I. @Susan S. - This is a duplex:-) We only own the left side and another family owns the right side. I didn't want to photograph his side without his permission. Thanks!

• Kandee S

glad the neighbor got on board with you. You all did great.

• Susan S

BUT Pam . . . . I wanna know where the other door is?? LOL Obviously it must be on the opposite side of the house from yours!! This looks like a rambler, not like a duplex at all!! I hope your neighbor is taking the hint and fixing up their part of the lawn too!!

• Pamela F

Thanks Kandee. Susan, they have a few day lilies and a couple of lawn statues. For the most part, its always cut and edged. They've done AWESOME remodeling work by gutting the whole place and putting in everything new. Except for the upper kitchen cabinets. They sanded it and painted it. By the way, they just closed in April. The last owners didn't care much.

• Leida R

What a difference. GREAT JOB!!!

• Pamela F

Thank you Leida.

• Susan S

It sure is nice that both parties are on board when living in a duplex. It is a reflection of both owners. The inside is something very personal but if they don't fix it up noone knows from the road. Outside, a whole diffferent story!! I'm sure you are setting a wonderful example Pam!!

• Pamela F

Awh, thanks Susan!

• Lisa House

LOL! I would have been the one saying we could fix it up and my hubby would have been saying no to everything! Beautiful job!

• Liz

Pam, you have done a beautiful job with your home. Everything looks so pretty. I love how you made your patio into a dining room. I know you're proud of your sweet family.

• Kate

Very nice.