Wreath From Live Tour of Modern Farmhouse

$50

Last Wednesday, hometalk took a live tour of Deb Foglia's modern farmhouse. Everyone was asking about the wreath in her family room. Deb said that she had purchased the wreath at Homegoods. I liked it so much, I decided to make one for myself - and now you can too! My wreath is on the left. Homegood's wreath is on the right.
Begin by cutting your quilt batting into three, 6" wide strips.
Wrap one strip of batting around the wreath at a time. This will give you the thickness you need.

I used dressmaker's pins (long straight pins) to hold the batting into place.
Once you've wrapped all of the batting around the wreath. Cut and wrap 6" wide strips of an old sheet around the wreath to cover the batting.
Gather your white craft paint, rubber gloves, and rope. Cover your work surface to protect it. Put on the gloves and squeeze a small amount of paint onto your glove. If you don't have gloves, you could put a plastic bag over your hand.
Grab the rope and begin to pull it through the paint in your glove. Make sure you cover the entire rope with white paint.
Once the paint is dry, begin to wrap the rope around the wreath. I wrapped the 5/8" x 10' piece of rope first and then wrapped the 3/8" x 50' piece.
To secure the rope, I tucked it into the sheet. As you wrap, the "tucked in" piece will become more secure.
I wrapped the 3/8" rope around the wreath 7 times between each 5/8" section.
Tear the drop cloth or muslin into 4" wide strips and wrap around the wreath between the rope.
Once the drop cloth or muslin is in place, tear 3" wide strips of sheet. Wrap them around the wreath twisting as you go, laying them on top of the drop cloth or muslin. Secure the ends behind the rope or you can hot glue them in place.
Wrap the burlap ribbon around the top and add a bow if you like.
We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

Bulk Buy: Floracraft Straw Wreath 24" Shrinkwrapped SW24C (2-Pack)
Warm Company Warm Company Warm...
SGT KNOTS Solid Braid Nylon Rope 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8" (1/8"...

• Lisa Hancock

Beautiful and easy! That's my kind of project! Thanks for sharing! You did a fantastic job!

• Debby

Regarding your instructions on the 3/8" rope do you wrap the rope or cut it into 50 pieces securing each piece in back? If wrapping how long of a piece of 3/8" rope is needed? Is the 3/8" rope also drawn through the white paint? Stunning wreath the out of the ordinary materials catches your eye.

• Kay Cloninger Kirby

Could you turn it into a nautical theme