How to Make a Lighted Canvas Picture

I have seen many of these before, but they all had a Christmas or winter theme to them. I really liked them, but I wanted mine to be able to be on display all year long.
Since we have a beachy/nature/outdoor theme around our house I decided to make my picture with our favorite constellations on it.
You can get the full DIY here at CrazyDiyMom.com.
You need:
a canvas
battery operated lights
paints
a sharp object for poking the holes
hot glue gun
Paint up your canvas the color you want it. I did mine a dark gray color.
Because I don't trust my freehand abilities, I made up a little template on paper first and then drew out my design on that.
My string of lights had 20 light bulbs so I had to decide which 20 stars I wanted to light up. Those are the bigger dots on my template so I knew which spots got the holes into the canvas.
Once I was happy with my template, I took a pencil and poked a hole in all the "stars" of the template. Then I placed my template on the canvas and put a pencil mark in all those holes so that I could transfer the design to the canvas. I removed the template and took my white paint and painted over each pencil dot. I followed my template so I knew where to draw the lines and which holes needed to get poked through.
Poke a hole into all the spots where your lights will go. Grab your lights and along with your glue gun, add a bit of glue around each hole and poke a bulb through. Continue til you have all the holes filled.
Turn it on and watch it sparkle!
Need some more great ideas? Visit CrazyDiyMom for more awesome DIY's like this.

20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom