Diane
Diane
  • Danville, VA

Kitchen Makeover

Finally finished my kitchen remodel. Only thing left to do it the floors. They will be done in January.
After
After
Before
Before

• Pamela

What did you use for the painted cabinets

• Diane

I didn't do it. The contractor that built the cabinets did them so I don't know. I think he said it was a lacquer and I know he sprayed it on because I stopped by his shop one day to see the progress and they were spraying them. Sorry I could not be more helpful.

• Kim Dagenais

Yes you are right about the fan. It pay to put my glasses on. LOL I have been changing things bit by bit in my house too, to nickel/stainless finished hardware. Brass finish seems so dated. I think the curtains look great. I'd love to see a close up pic of them. I am getting rid of my silver mini blinds in my kitchen and have been wanting to put up curtains. My husband wants to change all the windows in our house and the kitchen cupboards. So I have to keep waiting until after the New Year because I don't know exactly what the kitchen is going to look like until all the renos have been finished. My husband has done all the renos in our house so far himself, but he is not experienced with kitchen cupboards or granite counter tops. So besides the windows, he will let the experts do the counter top and cupboards. We will do the back splash, flooring, painting, and light changes ourselves. My husband has saved us tons on labour costs over the years. I am definitely going to take before and after pics of my kitchen and post them when we finish. Actually I have pics of other areas of my house where I took before and after pics and never posted them here. One day. At this time before the holidays I have no time. I just started a little Christmas shopping the other day, and have so much more to do. I also do alot of baking and give out baking gift baskets to friends and family. It is so hard concentrate on the house when you have so many other things that need to be done. Anyway, can't wait to see your kitchen after your flooring is in.

• Marianne

Your kitchen is my inspiration. I love white kitchens and what you have done with yours. Its beautiful.