Bedroom Makeover DIY Wall Art

I have this space above my headboard which needed something but there really isn't a lot of room for a painting, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a fun saying painted there instead.
This is the contraption I ended up using to great the art.
I wanted to write the words Live Laugh Love on the wall but I don't have the skill to do it free hand. Originally I thought I could use a magnifying glass to project the words onto the wall. I've seen this done all over the internet with movies but I could not get it to work.
This box with an iphone flashlight and a clear plastic worked the best.
I was able to move it back enough and stacked the box on some boxes to get it to the right height. Then I just used a pencil to trace the words directly on the wall.
I turned out great. I did paint the vine freehand but that was just a simple curved line, (drawn in pencil first) then a few leaves above and below. Believe me, if I can do it so can you.
This is just part of a 4 week $100 bedroom makeover. Stop by to see what other updates were done and maybe they will inspire you to refresh a room in your home.

• Craft paint  (hobby lobby)
  • An old box and plastic film  (home)

Patti @Hearth and Vine

• Annie

This looks like a great idea. Did you cut a hole in the box write the words on paper and where did you use the plastic how did the words get so big obviously I have no idea how you did this but I would love to try

• LoriB

Great job! I love it. Also love the blue bedspread & shams. Where did you purchase?

• Carol

What's a good color for a Hutch?

• Carol

We are in the pricess if painting our kitchen grey, with 1 wall a darker grey and white trim. Do you think a Dark Grey would look good for the hutch or another color?